• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

shoes or bare feet in your house?

RobertFKennedy said:
I don't like talking about or thinking about feet.

What the hell is it about feet? Why the heeby-jeebies over something everybody has two of? Why do feet get such a bum rap? There's nothing disgusting or nasty about feet that you couldn't say about at least a few other parts of the anatomy.

Please explain this anti-foot fetish. What am I missing? Feet are not my favorite parts of the body, but I don't get all skived out about them either.

I dislike bare feet - in the house or outside. I like them protected from injury - sharp objects, splinters, etc.
I also dislike wearing street shoes in the house. I've adopted the Japanese custom of immediately changing from my "outdoor" shoes to my "indoor slippers", although I haven't gone as far as leaving the outdoor shoes by the door - I will walk to the bedroom where I change. But I really dislike walking inside my home with my outdoor shoes on. It seems so unsanitary - you ever see the gunk on a NYC subway platfrom? I don't want traces of that sludge on my carpet - or anywhere in my home.

You breathe that gunk, i promise you

I don't have any particular aversion to feet. I do find myself staring at them, though. I can recognize people by looking at their feet; they're all unique. Sometimes I look to see if they're feet match their personality or are proportionate with the rest of their body.

Back