• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Should I get "The Golden Compass"?

How good is this book?

• Ausome! Must get!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Very Good

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Pretty Good

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Not Bad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Pretty Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Bad

• Terrible, Sucks! DO NOT GET!!!

• Total voters

mdragon159

kickbox
Should I get the book called "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman? From here, bordersstores.com/search/title_detail.jsp?id=52151915&srchTerms=the+golden+compass&mediaType=1&srchType=Title , it sounds pretty good. Just to make sure, how good is this book?:confused:

Note: Copy link to address bar and add 3 w's and a dot at the beginning of url

I haven't read the book, but my resident teen book testers who did said it was tripe. Your mileage may vary.

I liked it. I'd suggest reading all three books though. It's not meant to be a stand alone book.

Thanks a lot, Jez. If I have enough money when I buy The Golden Compass, I'm going to buy all three. Just have to save that money though....Like i can ever save a lot of money, lol.

mdgradon159, I'm reading them now. I finished the first one and LOVED it. Borders has all three in one volume for like 20 bucks and I think it's 20% off through the holidays.

I better save my money and my mom or dad isn't, for sure, going to take me to Borders this holiday. I was at Borders 2 weeks in a row already...Oh well, I'll just wait.

Definitely read them. The His Dark Materilas triology is possibly my favorite series of all time. They're simply amazing.

I enjoyed the first (The Golden Compass) as a fantastically imagined adventure. I'm planning on seeing the movie tomorrow. I liked the second a good bit, but not as much as the first. The third wasn't as adventurous to me as the others and got so much into the author's philosophical views that I lost my sense of being entranced and thoroughly entertained.

I traded my copies away and if I ever re-read them, I'll go to the library.

I voted 'Not bad'. I read it after hearing all the hype about the series, and I wasn't all that impressed by it. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of fantasy.

Back