• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sick of Book to movie

mollerdoodles

Even the books from my younger years have been destroyed by cinema
Christopher Pike's "The Last Vampire series" is about to be written into a screenplay, and the WB has managed to make the worst television show loosely based on the original and best teenage vampire romance/thriller- L.J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries (sorry, stephanie! twilight was much later (almost 20 years) and could not even hold a candle - if anything, it was a poor attempt at plagerism....ok lemme stop because this thread isn't about my hatred for Twilight

Now, onto my thoughts as an adult, I believe The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo followed the book very well. However, past failures include Deaver's "The Bone Collector", where they completely changed the identity of the killer! As for the Dan brown movies, I thought Da Vinci code was barely tolerable, while Angels and Demons reminded me of a magic show. So now Lincoln Lawyer is coming out, hate to say it, but I have very little hope that they will tell Michael Connelly's story well

Ok that's it. Sorry,,,bout of insomnia :sad:

When I saw the trailer, my first thought was wow, way to butcher the book. I hope people read the book first before the see the movie because it's a great book but I got a feeling Hollywood will screw it up.

I couldn't agree more that they normally butcher the books. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult had a completely different ending than the book. Very disappointed when they do that.

Back