• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Signed Books?

TheSignedPage

Hi All,

Do you guys like signed books? There is just something very unique about having the author put one last final touch on a book they have spent so long writing. I collect signed books, and was wondering if any of you out there do too.

Right now, The Signed Page has some online signings going on: one with Dune authors Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, another with China Mieville for Iron Council, and thirdly with L. E. Modesitt for Scepters. I hope that helps out some of you guys out. :)

Oh, and Darren, you should write me an email. Maybe I can help you out with your bandwidth issue.

Shawn Speakman

I believe the bandwidth-problem has been resolved. The Bookforum has been on its own, brand new, dedicated server for about a month now.

On the signed books - I have none. :(

Cheers, Martin

I have a signed copy of Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice which I'm quite pleased with. It's even nicer when it's a very famous author :)

I have a few Ray Bradbury's, some other random ones, and my favorite, Three Tall Women by Edward Albee with the tickets to the performance I went to of it tucked inside.

I think my special books are the signed & numbered Stephen King Dark Tower series with the same number. My favorite in-person signing would have to be Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy signed. :) I have more than a few books signed, but those are my favorites. Bradbury would be a great addition - maybe I should look into that!

Shawn

Bradbury was the sweetest guy to meet, too. There were hundreds of people in line, and he was nice to all of them. A little deaf, but nice.

I'd love to meet him!! I am so envious of you! I meet many authors in the course of my year, but never someone as prestigious as Bradbury.

Any of you going to the San Diego Comic Con?

Shawn

Back