• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Six by Tana French

Peder

I've just finished reading six mysteries by Tana French in a row and strongly recommend her. Every story is different and the twists and turns cannot be anticipated, much less the endings. These are well-rounded novels with intricate plots and fleshed-out human characters. Try any one and you might get hooked. The first is In The Woods.

^Tana French is mostly more-ish with the occasional misses. In The Woods was great, The Likeness not so much.

^Tana French is mostly more-ish with the occasional misses. In The Woods was great, The Likeness not so much.

Éclair,
I agree with you there. The Likeness is rather contrived, as if forcing the genre/formula.
But I think every author is entitled to a flat one (or two).
So I read on, ever hopeful.
Peder

I have read The Witch Elm, as well as the other 6 of her books. While I truly enjoyed the Murder Squad books, The Witch Elm did not impress me. Ok, but not as good as the previous ones. I also did not care much for The Searchers, although I might read it again, just to make sure it wasn’t my mood at the time.

Back