• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Smash Hits! The end! (UK music mag)

G4G

Smash Hits is no more. I used to love this magazine. I used to cut out the lyrics to the songs and put the free posters up. But then, I never did get out that much. Apparently, kids these days want info and gossip on their phones and computers.

Bloody sceenagers!

CDA said:
Smash Hits is no more. I used to love this magazine. I used to cut out the lyrics to the songs and put the free posters up. But then, I never did get out that much. Apparently, kids these days want info and gossip on their phones and computers.

Bloody sceenagers!

I used to do stuff like this with some music lyric mags from the 70's. It was great fun. Sorry about the loss of a good magazine..

I used to buy this as a teenager and my girls buy it now so they will be gutted!

CDA said:
I used to cut out the lyrics to the songs and put the free posters up.

So did I! :eek: Do you remember the Flexi-discs you sometimes used to get as a free gift? Often in fluoresecent green or some other tasteful colour. You had to balance 2ps on them so they'd play properly. (90% of TBF members wonder what on earth I'm talking about.)

Halo said:
So did I! :eek: Do you remember the Flexi-discs you sometimes used to get as a free gift? Often in fluoresecent green or some other tasteful colour. You had to balance 2ps on them so they'd play properly. (90% of TBF members wonder what on earth I'm talking about.)

Tuppence?? I have a cousin who's mom is British, and they used to have this dog named Tuppence, after the Mary Poppins song..am I warm? Tuppy was a sweet little dog..

Halo said:

Yes! I remember those things. ACK! They always sounded warped and crap.

Hey - remember FlexiPop?

FlexiPop magazine: it nearly always came with a flexi disk on the front. I'm sure that's what it was called.

I remember getting records like that on the back of cereal boxes. The one I remember most was from The Banana Splits..a Saturday morning musical show.

abecedarian said:
I remember getting records like that on the back of cereal boxes. The one I remember most was from The Banana Splits..a Saturday morning musical show.

Banana Splits rock! NAH NAH NAAAAH NAH N-NAH NAAAAH!

And those little buggy things they had - how I wanted one of those.

At least I think that was Banana Splits...

Back