• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

sneakers dangling from powerlines

When I was younger this was a bullying thing, if you had on obviously new shoes a group of kids would try to take them from you and throw them over the line. So you either learned how to run very fast or you stuck with your comfy, safe old sneekers for school. I grew up in a small town in the south, so this may have meant something totally different in the northen or bigger cities.

Yeah I do remember that Sell Sword. When they listed all the property and cars that guy owned I was more than impressed with how much he was able to accumulate before he got caught. He also had quite a network of people working for him too didn't he? Basically a pretty well developed little corporation?

You were that close to the action huh? Wow. Glad you don't have anything worse to add about your experience. Hope things are less adventurous for you now.

The drug-dealing neighbor and his 3rd "ho" in the 2 years he was there packed up in the middle of the night and bolted a few months ago. The new neighbors are quiet (so far anyway). Someone broke into the house shortly after they left, perhaps he thought they may have left some product behind. And there were no sneakers hanging from powerlines that I am aware of.

i had always wondered that, too, until one day my husband told me it had to do with bringing troops home safe. something about the end of a military tour of duty or something. now that is really odd- since we live in Canada; however, we are not uh- unfamiliar with the drug trade up here so if it's about drug locations where you guys are from, it's not about that where i come from. we'd have heard that one.

or maybe drug locations is the new meaning of that little stunt. it's been done for so long, the meaning could change with time and with location.

In Queens, NY where I grew up, kids would take the sneakers from someone they didn't like and throw them over the wires so that kid would get hell for losing his sneaks. And a few people did it with their own sneakers if they didn't like them, thinking mom would buy a new pair. :)

I never heard of the drug thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true!

It's obviously the work of invisible mystic baboons playing around on the lines and their sneakers fall off! It's so obvious!

SillyWabbit said:
It's obviously the work of invisible mystic baboons playing around on the lines and their sneakers fall off! It's so obvious!

Oh that's right! How could I forget about the invisible mystic baboons? I feel so stupid now. :D

Don't worry about it. Many people fail to take into account such obvious things as mystic baboons, evil penguins, satanic mangos and pencil pixies!

Back