• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Snow

RainbowGurl

In England there has been quite a bit of snow, so I went out in the cold and took a picture of the snow we have been getting! :p Much more snow has fallen last night, so I shall take my digital camera and my dog out for a walk today to capture the fallen snow ;)
SnowBench.JPG

Lovely picture! :D
If this had been Norway, you wouldn't have any other coulour in that picture than white. Everything would literally have been covered with snow.
Maybe I'll take a picture next year. ;)

Everything looks so peaceful now.. as long as my siblings don't rush into the picture throwing snow balls. :rolleyes:
Maybe I'll take my camera and make some pictures, too.

Here we had no school yesterday and today because of the bad weather..

we are having a blizzard warning for tommorow, but it is only 15 cm's. it is the wind that is the killer.
we had 3 blizzards in 8 days over january. one of them dumped 60 cm of snow. i will post a pic or 2 later.

It's 9:00am here. Forcast predicts snow starting anytime through 6:00pm tonight. 4-8 inches is what they're calling for. Barely a flurry has been spotted so far, but school districts have already started announcing early dismissals and/or complete closings.

Damn this is frustrating for parents with kids. There's nothing even falling from the sky, let alone on the ground and schools are closing for something that's predicted, but not happening yet.

I know that schools are very gun shy towards lawsuits and liability should a bus get in some kind of weather related accident, but I still get angry at them for jumping the gun like this.

I blame the latigious (spelling?) society we live in.

they haven't started to announce school cancellations yet, but they will. a couple of years ago they did have a bus accident and a couple of kids were killed, so they are VERY cautious here. but it is frustrating. they will call for the blizzard of the century and NOTHING, and then it is supposed to be sunny and wham we get nailed.
i blame al roker.

I recently returned from Norway where the snow was metres thick, the temperature was -15C at the height of the day and on top of some of the hills the winds were incredible, so all this seems somehow very tame. School was an exercise in futility today, as barely anyone turned up and so we had no lessons, yet they still refused to let us go home. I tried to sign out several times but wasn't successful until nearly 1:00. Grrrr.

What a lovely picture! That's one thing I miss here! Snow. Yes, you can go to the mountains and get it, blah blah. I miss snow that hangs around your front door. I miss scraping my wondows and salting my front stoop.

Ok, I'll be honest, I miss distinct seasons. I miss ultra cold winters and hot, balmy summers. I miss the sound of autumn and the smell of spring.

I can't WAIT to move!

Geenh said:
What a lovely picture! That's one thing I miss here! Snow. Yes, you can go to the mountains and get it, blah blah. I miss snow that hangs around your front door. I miss scraping my wondows and salting my front stoop.

Ok, I'll be honest, I miss distinct seasons. I miss ultra cold winters and hot, balmy summers. I miss the sound of autumn and the smell of spring.

I can't WAIT to move!

you are not from australia originally? where are you planning on moving too?

Nope, not from here originally, although I am naturalised. I've been here 8 years. Don't get me wrong, this island is lovely but I am ready to go! I was born in the US. It sucks sometimes being an American by birth and living here. SOOOO much anti-americanism. It helps with my job though because teenagers LOVE Americans so they're compliant when they come see me.

I'd like to move to central coast NSW (New South Wales, just in case). Our jobs are definitely transferreble. Just waiting for our daughter to figure out where her life is going.

I'd like to move to Spain but every time I bring it up he who must occasionally be obeyed twirls his finger around near his temple region. I assume that means no.

i like four distinct seasons too. i was born in vancouver, b.c which is a very rainy mild climate, but grew up in the maritimes. my hubby and i lived in van. for a couple of years before moving home and while we were there i missed the seasons.

Yes, foyur distinct seasons makes it easier to deal with the dreary weather. Last year, we didn't get summer here and I was "NOT HAPPY JAN"! Even though there aren't mad fluctuations Central Coast NSW, it's a warmer climate and if I have to choose one season, summer it is!

i'm a fall girl myself. i love summer when you are doing summer things ie bbq or lake. but regular life is so hard when it is hot and humid. now fall, it is sunny but crisp. you can wear jeans and a sweater, (who doesn't this look good on?). it's beautiful. you can still bbq and be in the backyard. to me it is the best time of year to be outside.

We have just had two blizzards here, or at least thats what they called it, and now it has just started snowing again. I'm getting really tired of snow.

You can have it, apparently we will get more snow next week. Snow and cities just don't mix.

jenngorham said:
this was the last bllizzard we had. that is my back door and the cars in the driveway. :rolleyes:
Think I'll just stop whining... We don't even get enough snow to reach the knees.

Back