• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So I have 20 books in my Amazon shopping cart

I have 50 in my wish list I want.. Student loans make me tempted to buy them all but my shelf simply does not have the capacity for 50 more books lol!

According to my Kindle, I am 47% through my first book of the year.

I need to step it up.

haha, to be fair.. the 2 i've read weren't large books.
the fault in our stars and the perks of being a wallflower.

just starting a book called the legend of suicide by David Vann.. straight to the point in the first chapter, that's what I like in a book, no dilly dallying around haha :)

I have 50 in my wish list I want.. Student loans make me tempted to buy them all but my shelf simply does not have the capacity for 50 more books lol!

That's why I like my Kindle: no shelf space issues.

Still can't convince the other half to convert, so there's still several well-filled book cases in the flat. :D

I used to say the same thing. Then I bought a kindle. I love my kindle. But I still buy dead tree books.

Me too. Problem is that with the Kindle I keep on purchasing new books for it all the time, usually before I finished reading whatever I'm reading at the moment. And as there is no need for me to physically go to the bookstore to get that satisfaction of having a new book, I buy books more than I would and faster than when I still had to go to the bookstore.

Ach well, I suppose I could spend my hard-earned pay on worse things. :D

...but the joy of getting a new book ... I was getting books again last night ... can't help myself ... its an addiction ... somebody stop me ...

A months ago, I had to prioritize some books of my long list and the choice was not easy !! Sometimes, there are books that mysteriously disappear, after prioritizing...:confused:
I used to say the same thing. Then I bought a kindle. I love my kindle. But I still buy dead tree books.
I am also an enthusiast of dead tree books.... In fact, i've found few books about specialized knowledges ( technical books ) in digital form, above all, when I need to consult << old relics >> for my studies / projects / commitments.... Hurrah tomes books !! :D

Last edited:
unfortunately we still have a way to go in converting older books to digital format, thank goodness for the tireless work the folks over at Project Gutenberg do - and I would encourage any one with a passion for books and a bit of free time to donate some time to them. They always need a hand with something and its really easy to register and contribute.

I used to help with Project Gutenberg but I was unable to recognize the difference between an en dash, an em dash, and a horizontal bar so I stopped doing it.

Well yeah, but when you are looking at the scan of a page, I am not going to compare its length to the M. :p

Back