• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So I have 20 books in my Amazon shopping cart

Well, I hit the "buy" button; you all know what that means, right?

Yup, time to start buying those dehydrator cookbooks in my wish list. Of course, it also means I can start accessorizing my dehydrator...I think they see me coming:innocent:

:rofl:

Better you than me.

Oh, it's definitely a racket. They sell dehydrators with at least 4 trays, mine has 5. They include one fruit roll up sheet and one mesh sheet for smaller items, such as herbs and small veggies that would fall through the regular trays. Moist people want one each per tray...so you either buy them separately in sets of two(remember the original number of trays?)or browse the forum to find cheaper alternatives. I'm not too worried about the roll up sheets; I have tons of butcher and parchment paper. The hardware store has rolls of mesh for windows; people use that for homemade solar dryers, so it's safe.

My shopping cart at amazon has a Romertopf (clay baking vessel) that I neither need nor have the room for. But I want it! It calls to me. I have no self-discipline.

Holding steady at 33.

1. At the Mountains of Madness: The Definitive Edition by H.P. Lovecraft
  2. G.I. Joe: Hearts & Minds, A G.I. Joe Graphic Novel by Max Brooks
  3. Georgian Folk Tales (Myths, Legend and Folk Tales from Around the World) by Marjory Wardrop
  4. The Man in the Panther's Skin: A Romantic Epic by Shot'ha Rust'haveli
  5. Revolution 1989: The Fall of the Soviet Empire by Victor Sebestyen
  6. The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam by Barbara W. Tuchman
  7. The Guns of August: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Classic About the Outbreak of World War I by Barbara W. Tuchman
  8. The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy, 1943-1944 (Volume Two of The Liberation Trilogy) by Rick Atkinson
  9. The Soviet-Afghan War: How a Superpower Fought and Lost by Lester W. Grau
  10. Afghanistan: A Russian Soldier's Story by Vladislav Tamarov
  11. Allah's Mountains: The Battle for Chechnya, New Edition by Sebastian Smith
  12. Allah's Angels: Chechen Women in War by Paul J. Murphy
  13. Voices from Chernobyl: The Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster by Svetlana Alexievich
  14. The Legacy of Chernobyl by Zhores Medvedev
  15. Idaho Falls: The Untold Story of America's First Nuclear Accident by William McKeown
  16. Project Azorian: The CIA and the Raising of the K-129 by Norman Polmar
  17. Yugoslavia: Death of a Nation by Laura Silber
  18. The Balkans: A Short History by Mark Mazower
  19. The Balkans: Nationalism, War & the Great Powers, 1804-1999 by Misha Glenny
  20. Balkan Ghosts: A Journey Through History by Robert D. Kaplan
  21. The Mongoliad: Book Two by Neal Stephenson
  22. The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World by David W. Anthony
  23. Palgrave Concise Historical Atlas of Central Asia by Rafis Abazov
  24. Central Asia in World History by Peter B. Golden
  25. The Silk Road in World History by Xinru Liu
  26. Life along the Silk Road by Susan Whitfield
  27. Nomads and Networks: The Ancient Art and Culture of Kazakhstan by Sören Stark
  28. Biohazard: The Chilling True Story of the Largest Covert Biological Weapons Program in the World--Told from Inside by the Man Who Ran It by Ken Alibek
  29. Spies Against Armageddon by Dan Raviv
  30. Israel vs. Iran: The Shadow War by Yaakov Katz
  31. The Twilight War: The Secret History of America's Thirty-Year Conflict with Iran by David Crist
  32. Confront and Conceal: Obama's Secret Wars and Surprising Use of American Power by David E. Sanger
  33. Iran: The Nuclear Challenge by Robert D. Blackwill

Should I wait until Christmas to buy these all for myself?

Er, Sparky dear..if you wait til Christmas your list will be longer. Just saying..

it IS a nice list though, I see some titles that might well go into my I'LL Wishlist.:flowers:

It's not all serious stuff: I have book two of the Mongoliad in that list. Plus a GI Joe graphic novel in there written by Max Brooks that looks pretty badass.

There are currently 87 books on my wishlist. I intend to purchase them all this year.

This is going to be expensive. :(

Back