• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So, I was dropped back into a few things recently..

Ruzi

I know that I tend to vanish and show up, vanish and show up, and that probably gets old, but, you all seem to be such patient people. Anyway.

A while ago(I lost track of time) Hurricane Ivan struck the panhandle of florida. The eye wall went right up our bay, we stayed for it and we got to see some tremendous stuff from it(I got some aftermath pictures too). The power went out that evening and we just got it back the other day and just got our internet back last night. Needless to say that as a computer nerd I am thrilled at this but while the power was out I got around to doing a lot I had been forgetting lately- this includes my reading.

Normally I'll read a bit here or there and though it does add up it's still nowhere near as much as I read over that span of about ten,eleven(is it?) days. As much damage as the storm did it also gave me a good shove back into my books, a couple of which I'd nearly forgotten about. I feel like I'm rambling and I probably am, I suppose I'm just curious as to if anyone else has drifted out of something only to be pulled back by something unforseen.

Sometimes a good shock is what we need. We find ourselfs drifting.... Welcome back to the books and welcome back to the forum. I hope you stay with them both so you won't need any more shocks and for sure no more big bad storms! :)

Yeah, it's good to have you back, and good to hear that you have now survived 4 hurricanes in a row. (You didn't mention Jean, but I assume you survived that one, too, since you're posting.)
I also find that I get pushed in unexpected directions (one of which is nostalgia - or something like it; towards things that are, or were once, familiar). But the motivating force usually isn't anything that big. It's usually just something that surprises me, good or bad.

its really nice to have you back and to know you are ok, i hope your closer ones are all right also.

ps. if its not much trouble post some pics

Welcome back, Ruzi. I was in Cuba when Ivan passed... I didn't get to catch up on any reading myself; I just got to sit around in the house waiting for the electricity to come back. Well, at least I wasn't there when Charlie stopped by for a chat. :eek:

I've just got back from a lovely little Greek island and, although it was a tad windy on the first evening, I seem to have escaped any hurricane or typhoon action. One day my hat blew off and rolled more that a hundred feet away down the beach which was quite annoying but I used the opportunity to get another cocktail while I was on my feet.
And two lobsters went missing.
Otherwise it was a totally relaxing 10 days in the sun. Sorry.

Back