• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

So what is it about Harry Potter that you like?

Robert said:
I would like to know what you like about Harry Potter?
Nothing :D.
OK, OK, don't go psycho on me everyone. They're very nice and cute and fun to read. The plot isn't as exciting to me as the background knowledge and details and such. (Please don't scream at me, b/c I'm not all the way caught up with my reading yet! I've only read through #4.) It's very light and fluffy and a good quick read. I like how all the characters have very 3-dimensional personalities. After my to-be-read list is depleted (if ever) I would certainly like to return to these books.

I like them because of Snape principally. And the Marauders-era stuff.
And Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood.
but mostly because of Snape. (and not because of Alan Rickman either)

Absolutely agree on Neville, Luna, and Snape. Three excellent reasons to enjoy Harry Potter.

I like Ron, Fred and George. I love laughing with the things they say (well the author :rolleyes: ). I also love Hogwarts. I really like to picture it as things unfold in it...it makes me feel like I'm there.

Whilst Fred and George do provide a lot of the humour for the series (along with laughing at the Dursley's and Neville and Luna, and anyone who is not a jolly decent Gryffindor), they are also two of the most insidious bullies in the series, who get away with the sort of behaviour that wouldn't be tolerated in other Houses.

Ron is good value.

I will forgive Fred and George almost anything, in exchange for their fabulous revenge on Dolores Umbridge. Their devious creativity is invaluable.

bren said:
I will forgive Fred and George almost anything,... Their devious creativity is invaluable.

To which side? The Death-Eaters used F&G's Instant Darkness to gain access to Hogwarts.

Yes, it is truly infuriating the way the evil ones will use all the same tools as the heroes. I was incensed to find death-eaters using polyjuice potion after Hermione's introduction of it to spy on Draco. We can't account for all the rotten uses that may be found for things. If Rowling hadn't given Fred and George that powder to invent, some other wizard would have been given the invention of it - the stuff had to exist for young Malfoy to do his deeds, so, good on F and G for their collossal exit. My skin crawls thinking of Miss Umbridge and the ever-tightening noose she had around Harry and that school.

MonkeyCatcher said:
I like HP because they are very easy, fun reads. I love Rowling's imagination - someof the spells, charms etc that she comes up with are genius :)

And let's face it - who didn't wish that they could cast spells when they were little? Hogwarts students are the envy of every child in the world :D

~MonkeyCatcher~

that's pretty much it for me too.

Back