• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - Can't Remember The Name Of This Book

EscapeReality

Okay, I graduated high school last year in 2011 right?

Well, my senior year of high school I had a great British literature teacher that had a nice collection of books in the back of her room. She would often let us read one of her books if we finished our work early.

One day near the end of my senior year, I picked up one of her books and began reading it. The story caught my attention right away because I found it intriguing. The problem though - I never had a chance to read past the first few pages before the bell rang to leave, and then before I knew it.. I had graduated and never got a chance to look at the book again.

I have been literally searching for this book since I graduated.

The plot goes something like this (as far as I can remember)

An imp like creature was following a guy around and the imp was from another dimension. The imp was the narrator and he was describing how there are multiple dimensions and things of that nature. However, I don't know much more than that!

I know this is going to be hard to find, since I don't have much to tell you guys.

I am THINKING that it was one of Tolkien's books as I THINK I remember seeing his name on the front of the book? I'm not certain about that though, like I said this was last year and I only saw the book once.

Is the teacher still teaching at your high school? You could try getting in touch with her.

While that sounds like a great idea, I don't think I could do that. Sadly, while I was in school I never understood just how great books are and how much I would begin to love them.

In school, I told this particular teacher that I despised of books and I would never find this as amusing as she did. Now, I regret my words! I began to love reading since a few months ago when I read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski (stunning book by the way).

While that sounds like a great idea, I don't think I could do that. Sadly, while I was in school I never understood just how great books are and how much I would begin to love them.

In school, I told this particular teacher that I despised of books and I would never find this as amusing as she did. Now, I regret my words! I began to love reading since a few months ago when I read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski (stunning book by the way).

Well, I think she would be happy to see you saw the light :D

Glad to help! If you like Lord Foulgrin's Letters, you might also like Alcorn's Ishbane Conspiracy..and definately look up Frank Peretti's Piercing The Darkness.

@ABC I remember Piercing the Darkness! I had forgotten all about that book! I remember liking it a lot and your mention of it sparked my memory.

@ABC I remember Piercing the Darkness! I had forgotten all about that book! I remember liking it a lot and your mention of it sparked my memory.

I liked the sequel, This Present Darkness too. After that, I've had mixed results with Frank Peretti. Nightmare Academy is good though.

Back