• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Solved - Fiction book about controlled society

semenov419

Hi

I am new to this forum but I hope with the first post and further involvement I will be able to contribute as much as I can. For now I would like to ask a question regrading one of the books I have read in University as freshman. Unfortunately I was not able to locate professor that taught that subject, thus I have turned to this forum.

I do not remember much names or author of the book, but a fictional story took place in a closed society and main character was a young boy. Through out a story it was evidential that the community, town that he was living in was controlled in all aspects of life. People were following certain rules and guidelines and everything was somewhat of a setup. Also no one would ever leave the town perimeter as there was some kind of legend that there nothing outside but death and destruction. Eventually at the end of the story this young boy has discovered that he lived in a controlled society and that there are other things beyond town limits.

If this rings any bells please advise on the name of the book, I will greatly appreciate it.

The Giver ? By Lois Lowry?
That book is more aimed at kids, but it sounds pretty similar to what your talking about.

The Giver ? By Lois Lowry?
That book is more aimed at kids, but it sounds pretty similar to what your talking about.

That is it!!!!!!

Thank you very much, this is exactly the book I was looking for. WOW

Thank you guys, thank you all for suggestions and help.

Back