• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Someone reccomend me something

SillyWabbit said:
Yes, it's a great book. Btw, it's Neil Gaiman and not gayman. If you call him gayman he may become cross and hit you with a stick!

Have you tried his other stuff? Stardust and American Gods are very good. If you like Neverwhere you should also like those. :)

Regards
Sillwabbit

Gaiman...oooooooouuuuuuuppppppppssssss!!! sorry!
No, I haven't read the others..but I'll try to found it, thanks!

I'm not sure what I didn't like about it. I read it in amongst a bunch of Philip K. Dick, and they styles are just a tad different.

I just didn't enjoyed it, it seemed to be trying to be too clever if you get what I mean.

I'll jump over to that forum now. Maybe I'll remember what it was that I didn't like about it.

When I first started getting into SF, and had no idea where to start, I read most of the Hugo and Nebula award winning novels, going on the theory if they have won an award they must have something going for them, and it was a theory that was by and large right. I only did it for a couple of years and I gave up pursuing it in 1978!

Steve
PS this was my first post

if you like scifi war novels give the gaunts ghost novels by Dan Abnett a whirl there are seven novels at the moment & are all extremly cool.
Abnett has no fear of bumping off his main characters.
The novels are set in the warhamer 40.k universe (dont let that put you off) during the sabbat world campaigns & is about commisar Ibrahm Gaunt of the imperial Guard & his rag tag band of soldiers who no longer have a home world but fight for the promise of a new home world the first planet they truly conquer on their own.
First & only
Ghostmaker
Necropolis
Honour Guard
Guns of tanith
straight silver
Sabbat martyr
their are two more on the way
Traitor General (work in progress)
saint of ghosts (i think) (Also work in progress)
as well as a cross over novel
Double Eagle which is out in june

Back