• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Something happy?

Recently I got my MP3 player. The first one in my life. After a week I was in an enormoud depression. I was wondering where it comes from and then I looked on my songs selection at the MP3:

REM (depressing after 5-6 sad songs...)
Beethoven Symphonies (rather sad too...)
Some blues (here it is the style)...

I was wondering - do you have something really happy to suggest??? I was suggested to listen to soundtrack of Amelie... Was also very sad. Then "Little criminals" by Randy Newman. "Short people" I found funny but the rest was sad either. Is it such a sad period? People give me all wrong advices! May be it is automn. And rain fall. Good for suggesting "autumn leaves". But really, is there any good not so-sad stuff out there (non-country I am not into the "country" so much... It is "happy" but I will shoot myself after a minute or two...)
Any not so depressing Rock or Jazz? I must get out of this melancholy.
My friends start saying me that I am becoming more and more like Eeyore...

is there any good not so-sad stuff out there

Here's a few choices from my last.fm profile

Regina Spektor
Serge Gainsbourg
I'm From Barcelona
Buena Vista Social Club
Deep Forest
Ween
Gym Class Heroes
The Pipettes
The Ditty Bops
Gogol Bordello

Thanx!

I am much intrigued by your suggestions - I must admit that I recognized only the "Buena Vista Social club" .

Now I have a new list to-be-heard!

Thanks a lot!

Funny selection

Stewart,

You must be either crazy or genious!

Your list with the french Serge Gainsbourg and kind-of-russian-and-english Gogol Bordello is what I call extreme!

I heard that Gogol Bordello, it is amazing! I am listenning to it currently. I cant stop laughing. They are sooo good! Uncivilized! Unexpected!

Thanks thanks for that list!

If you want something spiritual and upbeat and it's regular rock and roll. Trying listening to and reading the lyrics to any U2 song. That should do it.

Stewart,

You must be either crazy or genious!

Genius.

Your list with the french Serge Gainsbourg and kind-of-russian-and-english Gogol Bordello is what I call extreme!
That's only the happy stuff.

Isabell said:
If you want something spiritual and upbeat and it's regular rock and roll. Trying listening to and reading the lyrics to any U2 song.

You are joking with that U2 suggestion? While I would never recommend them, I think they are popular enough for someone to find their way to. There's so much more out there that's worth listening to but people just have trouble finding them.

Back