• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Something is stuck in my eye

sirmyk

;) What's the best way ;) to get something out from under one's eyelid? ;) I've got something in there driving me nuts. ;) My left eye is pouring out whatever fluid eyes produce, and is bugging the crap out of me. Maybe it's just a sty (sp?) since it won't come out.

sirmyk said:
;) What's the best way ;) to get something out from under one's eyelid? ;) I've got something in there driving me nuts. ;) My left eye is pouring out whatever fluid eyes produce, and is bugging the crap out of me. Maybe it's just a sty (sp?) since it won't come out.

Leave it alone. Don't touch your eye, don't put anything in there and take your contacts out if you wear them. If it is still bothering you in the morning call the doctor and make an appointment to see if it is a sty.

If you are having tea or coffee, you might try taking the spoon out of the cup?

:D

Hope you get it out, SirMyk. That can really be a bitch.

Thanks for the advice. I used to get sties (sp?) when I was a kid, and quite often. This is a first in a long time if it is a sty. I hope it's just a pesty eyelash. My eyelashes are freakishly long. I'll see if my body works it out overnight. If not I'll see a doctor so I don't scratch the hell out of my beautiful blue eyes. If still no luck, I'll try the shovel.

sirmyk said:
Thanks for the advice. I used to get sties (sp?) when I was a kid, and quite often. This is a first in a long time if it is a sty. I hope it's just a pesty eyelash. My eyelashes are freakishly long. I'll see if my body works it out overnight. If not I'll see a doctor so I don't scratch the hell out of my beautiful blue eyes. If still no luck, I'll try the shovel.

You might want to get jen or ricky to help you with the shovel. I don't think you would be able to self-treat with enough force to dislodge the debris!

It could be a piece of pink fur from the bunny suit.

What causes a sty? I had one once and it hurt like hell. I scratched the bottom of my eye right on the edge yesturday and it still stings.

Ronny said:
What causes a sty? I had one once and it hurt like hell. I scratched the bottom of my eye right on the edge yesturday and it still stings.
I believe it's some kind of scab or something under the eyelid, but I could be wrong. I've been going like this for hours => ;)

I have I hard time not rubbing my eyes when they hurt, I know your not supposed to but I can't ever help it. I hope yours feels better soon. Did you try rinsing it with eye drops?

Ronny said:
I have I hard time not rubbing my eyes when they hurt, I know your not supposed to but I can't ever help it. I hope yours feels better soon. Did you try rinsing it with eye drops?
I've tried and tired all the usuals.

Oh, sorry. Guess you'll have to wait it out till you can see the eye doc. Makes me teary just thinking of it.

The best way is to lay and try to sleep. Our body has exellent mechanisms for cleaning and repairing itself, and while we sleep the eye is slowly moving behind the closed eyelids, so that dirt could be washed out of an eye...
If after several hours of sleep the feeling is the same (it could be not absolutely good, as the eye could be damaged slightly, and needed some time to recover, - but if the dirt got out - it must feel at least slightly better), - the best option is to go and see a doctor. The procedure will take minutes - and your eye will be as good as new.

If you want to do something at home then the best thing you can do is to use cold camillie tea. Make a cup of camillie tea and put it in the fridge for a little while. Then use some cotton to suck up the tea and then you apply drops into your eyes.
Camillie tea is the best thing for eyes. I have used it myself a couple of times and many times for my son when he was younger.
If the camiliie tea does not help when applied a couple of times during the day, then I would go see the doctor.

Flower

PS. You can get camillie tea in tea bags like any english breakfast tea etc.

Perhaps there is nothing in there now. Sometimes when you get something in your eye, if you rub it a lot, you can scratch your eye and then it feels like there's something in there even though it's already come out.

As for styes (sp?) I had them last year. Got one on my left upper eyelid fiist and then I got about three on the lower right eyelid. I asked the doctor what causes it and she said that it can be caused by something as simple as getting dust in your eye and then rubbing it. SO DON'T RUB YOUR EYE ANYMORE!

sirmyk said:
If still no luck, I'll try the shovel.
My dear boy, what makes you think I have medical experience?

Tom_Baker_m610027.jpg

Sleep on it and if your own natural tears do not reslove it, call the doctor and have it looked at. Scratches on the eye sometimes feel like there's something in there.

I woke up this morning and my entire left eye was crusted over. I couldn't even open it at first. It seems to be a little better now.

Do you have something similar to Optrex over there? It's good for flushing the eye out :) I'm awful with mine - I have no compunctions about trying to get someting out of it :eek:

Back