• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Something is stuck in my eye

Ice said:
Do you have something similar to Optrex over there? It's good for flushing the eye out :) I'm awful with mine - I have no compunctions about trying to get someting out of it :eek:
I'm not sure about Optrex, but I will get some Visine later this morning. Vision in my left eye is so-so after cleaning the gunk out. I think sleeping on it got whatever was in there out.

sirmyk said:
I think sleeping on it got whatever was in there out.
You were quite wrong, sir. About an hour ago I rubbed my eyes and noticed it's back. Must be a sty. It's not as bothersome now, though.

Update: Okay, so I am kidding myself... it is incredibly bothersome. I think my eye is clean, but I fear it may have been a shard of geode crystal that scratched my eye all to hell. I was cracking some geodes from Utah a few days ago. I was wearing shades, but not goggles. ;) If it's not better this next morning I will see a doctor. Visine is my temporary savior.

Aye sounds like you've managed to get lacerations on your eyeball - I did that once. Was forbidden to use my contacts, so wow I had some headaches during the short week it healed. Good thing that these things heal reasonably quickly. 3-7 days usually... if you don't scratch it :p

Kenny Shovel said:
My dear boy, what makes you think I have medical experience?

Tom_Baker_m610027.jpg
Jelly baby?

Back