• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Something New...

Rija

kickbox
So for a while I have been wanting to read some new books. This is my situation: I have a whole bookshelf full of books that I've bought with my own money, there are also books that belong to my mother and my aunt that reside on two more bookshelves. Most of my books are sci-fi/fantasy that I love so much I can read them over and over again. Those of my mother & aunt's are mostly older books and mainly horror.(Truthfully, I've not looked that much at them.) I really want to read something new, in a different genre, but I'm really not sure how to go about starting to expand my reading experience. Even when trying to find new fantasy books I sometimes have trouble picking something to read. I wouldn't mind single novels, or series. I don't want to attempt to do this and end up reading a book that just disgusts me for some reason and forces me back to what I know I like-sci-fi/fantasy. So, any suggestions on how to go about doing this? (If you can understand it at all.) Thanks for any help somebody can give me.

Well Rija, the only fantasy I have read is Juliet Marillier-The Dark Mirror and i enjoyed it .(still haven't started the second from the trilogy) I also have been in one genre and it's historical fiction, lately though this forum has gotten me interested in classic literature so you will open to other ideas. I have also read one biography that I loved (Joan of arc)

Check around the forum, everyone has amazing suggestions. If I would suggest one historical fiction from my list it would be River God-Wilbur Smith or The Greatest Knight -Elizabeth Chadwick just to reel you in:)

Back