• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Something wicked this way comes

Paulw32

My all time favorite Ray Bradbury book. Every page in that book is just soaked with a feeling of menace that's somehow mixed with the innocence of childhood.
If you haven't read it, I suggest you go to your nearest bookstore and pick one up.
While you're there grab a copy of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" also by Bradbury .:star5:

One of my favorites too, Paul. If I'm remembering correctly, the introduction (or maybe it's chapter 1) is one of the coolest intro's to a story ever. It describes the boy on his way somewhere (library?) and it completely sets the mood for the story.

Awesome book.:cool:

I love that novel. I'm not a fan of the grim, macrabe story, but this one really hit home. It's portrayal of the nature of evil was chilling.

This book certainly has one of the weirdest "feels" to any book I have ever read. That said, however, I can't say that I really enjoyed it.

Back