• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Songs for falling in love

Jenem,
If you're in the mood for Gabriel and romance, you might give "In the Humdrum" a listen or two. I like the version on the Plays Live disc.

A Disease, a simple biological function, a series of biochemical responses triggering an emotional cascade that impairs normal biological functioning.....

Marquis Rex said:
A Disease, a simple biological function, a series of biochemical responses triggering an emotional cascade that impairs normal biological functioning.....

You're my kinda person, Marquis.

Oh Lori - Alessi
"I like to ride my bicycle with you on the handlebars. You'd laugh and run away, and I'd chase you through the meadow."

You're a Lady - Peter Skellern
"You're a lady, I'm a man. You're supposed to understand... how these things are... often planned, to be!"

Why do some lyrics seem more sinister when written down rather than sung?

Oh and just one more... I challenge anyone to listen to Ben Folds' "The Luckiest" without blubbing uncontrollably at this bit:

"Next door there's an old man, who lived to his nineties and one day passed away in his sleep.
His wife, she stayed for a couple of days and passed away.
I'm sorry I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong.
That I know that I am the luckiest."

See, I'm doing it now... :(

hey ya'll. i got nothing these days so i thought i would pirate old threads...

so not only do i want the songs you fell in love to but also the ones that put you in the mooooooooooood.

i'm too embarassed to say that matt's and my song is lady in red ( we started dating in 89 ok) but our wedding song is have a little faith, hiatt not jewel.

but mooooooooooood songs, dave matthews, say goodbye and stay(wasting time).

and also peter gabriel, in your eyes. i'm a sucker for john cusack.

'secret world' by peter gabriel is a great song and 'when the world ends' by dave matthews.... sexy, sexy, sexy...'say goodbye' also has a bit of a special place in my heart as well, as it will always make me think of that one person that got away...

but a song that gets me in the moooooooooood as jenn puts it is, oddly, 'let me blow your mind' by yes, sorry martin, but gwen stefani and eve....

Back