• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spaceballs!

Some people tolerate spoofs better than others. I like most of Mel Brooks movies but Spaceballs! just twisted Star Wars completely into hysteria-land. It was much needed IMO because there were far too many people walking around in Darth Vader or Wookie costumes. Helloooo! Its a movie.

wait i am confused. i thought wabbit said he hated the first 2 starwars, but that he liked spaceballs. cause i asked if number 3 could redeem the first 2 and then he was very very adamant that no this was not the case, there was no redemption. or did i read that wrong.

Prolixic said:
Some people tolerate spoofs better than others. I like most of Mel Brooks movies but Spaceballs! just twisted Star Wars completely into hysteria-land. It was much needed IMO because there were far too many people walking around in Darth Vader or Wookie costumes. Helloooo! Its a movie.

Not to mention LOTR and Star Trek fans.

Anyone seen Trekkies? Its a hilarious documentary about Star Trek fans.

jenngorham said:
wait i am confused. i thought wabbit said he hated the first 2 starwars, but that he liked spaceballs. cause i asked if number 3 could redeem the first 2 and then he was very very adamant that no this was not the case, there was no redemption. or did i read that wrong.

i don't know i think he likes the old ones but he hates the new ones!! but i'm not sure :confused:

honeydevil said:
(sorry, i don't know the name, i only saw it in german and that would make no sense if i tell you the german name!!)

goofy??:D

dont worry jar jar bings doesnt make sense in any language :p

Love Spaceballs :D My favourite bit is where the capture the stunt doubles instead of the real characters....or where Yoghurt (did I just make that up, doesn't sound right?!) is showing off the merchandise you can buy after the movie including the Spaceballs flamethrower :D Pizza the Hut made me feel sick though, he's well more disgusting than Jabba :p

mojo said:
Love Spaceballs :D My favourite bit is where the capture the stunt doubles instead of the real characters....or where Yoghurt (did I just make that up, doesn't sound right?!)
No you're right - it is Yoghurt :)

Ice said:
No you're right - it is Yoghurt :)

Thanks, thought I was going nuts didn't look right... should have just shrugged and gone 'well, this is mel brooks we're talking about' :)

OK, just to clear things up :D

I liked the old star wars movies but the new ones... well, you know my feelings on those ones.

when i posted last night about my confusion of wabbits likes and dislikes, i got off the comp and went to watch tv with matt and he wasWATCHING SPACEBALLS!!!!!!!!! how freaky deaky is THAT!!!!!! i had forgotten about pizza the hut. and the dad from eight as enough as the king, with a really wierd tan. i'm unsure if that was for the movie or not. and when they jam the radar and raspberry jam runs down the screen.......sigh, funny!

honeydevil said:
i guess he is just embarressed, because he played in the movie!! i guess he was the mix between man and dog!! (sorry, i don't know the name, i only saw it in german and that would make no sense if i tell you the german name!!)
Man and dog = John Candy = Barf.

Hope you can sleep well now. :D

ds

Well, now that everyone has totally added to the confusion by misquoting everyone else .... :D

Damn, had forgotten about Pizza the Hut, classic! :p

Phil

Didn't you like the Scary Movie trilogy? I thought the first 2 were okay, but haven't seen the 3rd one yet.

ds

I saw the first one, thought it was hilarious but purile - I'd grown out of that sort of movie by the time the third one came along.

Give me Airplane!! anyday - simply the best spoof ever (Naked Gun is a close second).

Phil

Back