• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spam makes me laugh

Wabbit

I get TONS of spam! It makes me laugh! The things they will try to get you to follow a link, get access to your bank/credit card account, make you join a site, buy something or con you out of your hard earned cash is just incredable and leaves me incredulous! The thing that worries me is that there are actually people out there so dumb that they fall for it :eek:

Anyway, here is some spam I got to myYahoo address today.

Hi

I've read your online profile looking for casual fun. I we had a lot
in common so here goes. I'm 5'6 with long blond hair a slim
petite figure and hopfully a good sence of humour. I'm age 30
enjoy going out to pubs and restaurants and having a fun time.

I can drive and would like to get to know you with a view to a
no strings relationship (after all I am Married) He is away from
home working quite a lot and I see you live close by but, not
too close. I could accomodate, but would prefer discreet hotel
fun.

I'm Not allowed to send files or download them from work they
have a firewall up to stop us. If you want to talk further and see a
my photo. It can be found on an adult singles site just follow these
simple instructions to log on.

Log off the internet and run Hyperterminal in your programs,
accessories communications menu on windows. Enter the name
"uk contacts" and then the phone number (number deleted) and click
dial. That will bring up an adult singles contact site. My photograph
is called 29.bmp in the female users area.

Just log in with your own name or any name, and go to File menu.
Type F for files then L for list then 2 female file area.

Sharon xxx

[sarcasm] Oh yeah... I'll just go do that then :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

It's not even a very well thought out lie! If you can't send photos from work how do you have a site with your photo on it? :rolleyes:

SOOOOOOOOO.... What's your fave stupid spam you got recently? Show and tell! :D Anybody have some nice Nigerian spam?

The spam I get to enlarge my penis! They don't even do research to find out whether you're male, female or hermaphrodite!

lol

yeah! I get that all the time. I'm male and every day i get spam offering to "enlarge my breats" :eek::D

Well wabbit you gotta admit that your breasts are rather small...Think about it..:D

Don't read any of the spam I get, just read the subject. But apparently many people are looking for me, because I always get the mail "Glad I found you" but I don't really know anyone named Axjsej345678asdm...

Well, you are right my breasts are kinda small but I kinda like them that way! :cool: Anyway, if I gave myself huge breats I would probably be too busy to post on the book forum or leave the house :D

lol, most spam I get is from dating services. It's always quite funny when my boyfriend of 15 months sees those!

The kind of spam I used to get (I block spams) was to largen my penis. Thats a great idea if I had one ;) spam of vibraters, new products and sex toys :eek: That wasn't...too bad ;) :eek: Ones about signing up to dating and matchmakers. Yea that was pretty much my spam mails.

SillyWabbit said:
Well, you are right my breasts are kinda small but I kinda like them that way! :cool: Anyway, if I gave myself huge breats I would probably be too busy to post on the book forum or leave the house :D
Kinky! :eek:

I seem to get a lot of the "enlarge your penis" variety. :D The rest are for loans, investments and the odd one from people pretending to be from eBay - "you must click on the link and fill in the details, otherwise your account will be shut down", panic panic. :rolleyes:

Yeah, also had those! :D

I have also had one from a bank that I do not even belong to telling me I have to log in and enter my details for security reasons! :rolleyes:

Recently I have had loads every day wanting me to buy Rolex waches, cheap medical supplies from Canada, and another strange one I don't open with the mail subject heading of somthing like "What you need"

Halo said:
pretending to be from eBay - "you must click on the link and fill in the details, otherwise your account will be shut down", panic panic. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which reminds me of something :) Did you, or anybody else use to ( or maybe even still does ) use ICQ IM program? It used to be good now it's fallen behind, is full of bloat, and you get spammed on the network constantly with requests to go look at cams!

Anyway, on ICQ somebody would always send a stupid and irritating forward! It happened all the time and went something like "ICQ servers are being upgraded and we are checking if you still use ICQ - please foward this to allow us to know you use ICQ or your account will be terminated within 3 days"

I've never used ICQ IM, never, and you can't prove a thing, so there! :eek: Is that an Instant Messaging thingy? No, I've never used one!

Halo the luddite. :)

SillyWabbit said:
I can prove plently. I have the pictures ;) Send me £100 pounds or I go to the press!

Blackmailed by an evil Bunny Wabbit, dammit. :mad: OK, you win. I've sent you a cheque for £2,100, drawn on my Nigerian bank account. All you have to do is send me the balance - don't worry, I trust you. :D

haha! See! Too clever for you :cool: I will pass on all my bank details to you so the transaction can go ahead...

Dammit, I knew you would see through my clever ruse...

I'm heading smiling for the bank... ahem, I mean walking away dejectedly, yes, that's right. ;)

I rarely get any spam, am I doing something wrong? I see spam maybe once a month.

Martin, I think we must be doing something wrong.

Back