• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Starting a New Thread? Would you? Will you?

Does starting a new thread intimidate you?

• No

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes, but only because I'm new here

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, because of the response I've gotten in the past

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the overall climate of the Forum

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It did when I first joined, but not anymore

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Well, yes! I have started new threads, but still feel a bit intimidated whenever I do. Not that anyone's been nasty, but sometimes I worry about putting the new thread in the wrong place. Moto and the folks in the free children's book thread know I have one in mind, but I wonder where to put the silly thing. I guess I'll go put it somewhere and leave it up to the wonderful wisdom of the moderators(long may they reign) to place it in the right spot..

When in doubt, you can always start it in General Chat and pm a mod about it. They can then move the thread to a specific spot if they decide it's a better fit somewhere else.

Motokid said:
When in doubt, you can always start it in General Chat and pm a mod about it. They can then move the thread to a specific spot if they decide it's a better fit somewhere else.

Okie dokie..she skips of to create new thread... :D

No, I'm not afraid to start a thread, and I'm always the longest in the showers down at the gym.

Regards,

K-S

I am not intimidated. Heck, I run a forum myself. But it is kind of frustrating when no one posts anything in that thread after you. I started three and have had no replies. Now two of them might be because no one has read any of the authors work. That's just the way it is.

Still a good place to discuss books though.

abecedarian said:
... sometimes I worry about putting the new thread in the wrong place

Don't worry about that. Obviously you should try and put it in the right place, but it's no biggie if you don't - someone will just move it for you. You're not going to get banned for life if you make a mistake. :) (Well, not unless one of us is in a particularly bad mood.) :D

Motokid said:
Have you ever felt shy, or intimidated about starting a new thread here at TBF?
Not at all. I don't care if people on the internet are displeased with me or think less of me. We all like to be liked but I suppose I'm just saying I'd never be embarrassed to say what I think.

Okee, so I feel a teensy bit intimidated. Though I am still fairly new here and feeling my way around.

Other than that I am shy to begin with and somewhat self conscious about my ability to express myself in an intelligent manner. That has nothing to do with the forum though, just my natural disposition. So when it comes to starting a book discussion I am not sure if what I have to say is anything truly great, or just my own mindless ramblings.

I will get around to starting threads though.... I swear!

Motokid said:
Have you ever felt shy, or intimidated about starting a new thread here at TBF?

(He asked from behind his exceedingly non-intimidating new avatar.)

In your poll, Moto, are we answering yes or no to the poll or no or yes to your above question? In the one instance, it might be a yes and in the other it could be a no.

Just thought I'd confuse things a little...

:D

StillILearn said:
(He asked from behind his exceedingly non-intimidating new avatar.)

In your poll, Moto, are we answering yes or no to the poll or no or yes to your above question? In the one instance, it might be a yes and in the other it could be a no.

Just thought I'd confuse things a little...

:D

Damn. :mad: That's a good catch. The poll question should be about feeling intimidated or shy about starting a new thread....Sorry for the confusion...I could make a joke about being inane here but I guess it's apparent..... :eek: :eek:

Inanity

Then I should have said "no". I don't feel intimidated about starting a new thread.

but I said "yes", meaning I would start a new thread.

Maybe I should have said "Maybe"?

leckert said:
Then I should have said "no". I don't feel intimidated about starting a new thread.

but I said "yes", meaning I would start a new thread.

Maybe I should have said "Maybe"?

I clicked on "all of the above". :D

Didn't I?

Ugh I did the same thing. Sorry. I said yes but mean no I would not be intimidated to start a new thread. :D

I shall see if I can get the mods to clear the poll, fix my assface poll question and start this thing again....

And to think others might feel shy about looking like a boob.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did this on purpose..yeah that's right...I wanted to look like an idiot to prove the mods can fix anything...

Back