• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

State Of Denial

Vanilla

Has anyone laid their hands on the new book about the White House cover-up involving Condaleezza Rice, State of Denial, by Bob Woodworth? If so, how is it?

Interesting that you post this. In general, I'm a big Bob Woodward fan. The Final Days is an excellent piece of non-fiction if there ever was one. I've read it three times. I also enjoyed Veil which detailed how the Reagan administration got tied up in something of the things that they did. The most explosive part of it was a deathbed scene where then secretary of the CIA Bob Casey supposedly "said" who was involved in what if memory serves me correctly.

In regards to the current book, I know it's the third installment of his two earlier works on the Bush administration. Right now I'm reading Bush's War which is the first one and deals with Bush's leadership style. It's interesting to see how the various departmental figures viewed one another and the politicking that went on.

Back