• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Step right up! Get yer Jesus Doll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitalinKid

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/12/news/midcaps/jesus_dolls/index.htm?cnn=yes

Talking Jesus dolls planned
Report: Company also plans dolls of Mary and Moses at start, and up to five new Bible dolls a year.
April 12, 2005: 7:59 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A talking Jesus doll is due in stores in May, along with versions of Moses and the Virgin Mary, according to a published report Tuesday.

The New York Post reports that the foot-tall dolls can recite up to 33 Biblical verses at the push of button in the doll's back. The three dolls are the first of a series of dolls based on bible characters, according to the paper. Dolls of Esther, Ruth and David are also planned, the paper reports.

The company that is producing the dolls is Messengers of Faith, which is a unit of privately held Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Co.

Joshua Livingston, a partner in Messengers of Faith, told the paper the company hopes to unveil dolls representing up to five Bible characters each year.

"I'm Jewish and people ask me why I'm selling Christian dolls. Religion is universal, my wife's Catholic — and faith is for everyone," Livingston told the paper.

The religious dolls will cost $24.99, according to the Messengers of Faith Web site. They will have period clothing, such as Jesus sandals and veils for the Virgin Mary, as well as movable limbs and hands that can grip objects.

Well that's one way to get money :) And who doesn't need a Jesus doll. I can see my life has been empty without it.

I can't wait to hear the christian people who no doubt will get pretty angry about it.

I was pretty sure Jesus wasn't white though.. :confused:

Haha. I was going to post that one until I ran into the pharmacist story. The Jesus doll makes me laugh, but the drugist story pissed me off.

I wonder if a Judas doll is in the works and will have special features? Maybe Kung-fu grip and a knife or something?

Wonder if a devil doll is in the works so some real roll playing can take place?

How long until a large cross, complete with nails will be offered as an accessory so kids can relive the crucifixtion? (spelling?)

Do you claim that jesus didn't have blue eyes either?

The jew is just trying to make money. Faith isn't for everyone.

Wolhay said:
Do you claim that jesus didn't have blue eyes either?

How many guys from the Middle East are lily white with blue eyes? He most probably looked a lot like Osama.

The Japanese had a very popular toy called the God Robot a few years ago. It was white and gave out commands and stuff. I think it would definitely be in charge of the Jesus doll if I was playing with them.

I doubt anyone would be offended. There's along history in Christianity of having images, statues, totems and medals and relics and all kinds of stuff like that. My mom used to pin a little St. Christopher medal on my undies whenever I took a big test. Guess it worked--always did great.

About a mile from where I live there's a very nice Bathtub Jesus in the middle of a lawn. Basically, you take an old cast-iron bathtub, paint the inside Holy Mary Blue, vertically submerge it halfway into the ground, and pop a Jesus statue in there. Instant shrine! Hell of a lot of work, though, getting that tub in there.

novella said:
About a mile from where I live there's a very nice Bathtub Jesus in the middle of a lawn. Basically, you take an old cast-iron bathtub, paint the inside Holy Mary Blue, vertically submerge it halfway into the ground, and pop a Jesus statue in there. Instant shrine! Hell of a lot of work, though, getting that tub in there.

bathtub mary's are popular here and into quebec.

novella said:
About a mile from where I live there's a very nice Bathtub Jesus in the middle of a lawn. Basically, you take an old cast-iron bathtub, paint the inside Holy Mary Blue, vertically submerge it halfway into the ground, and pop a Jesus statue in there. Instant shrine!

Why am I suddenly thinking about Father Ted?

novella said:
How many guys from the Middle East are lily white with blue eyes?
The Moses doll has dyed blue hair and beard. Can anyone confirm the accuracy of this? Where the Ten commandments revealed to Popa Smurf?

Moses and Jesus are both unbelievably buff. Did Jesus take steroids? Maybe he just worked out a lot.

novella said:
Moses and Jesus are both unbelievably buff. Did Jesus take steroids? Maybe he just worked out a lot.
The jointed wrists may explain the powerful forearms.

...thinks to self 'will a wanking Jesus gag get me banned?'....

If your child, as most children seem to do, takes off all the clothes of the Jesus doll, and then stores all the unclothed dolls in the same toy box, like Barbie and Ken, GI Joe, Britney Spears, and Jesus all naked together, how many commandments are being broken by that precious, innocent little child???? How should that child repent?

After some discussion it has been decided to close this thread.

3.9 Political and religious discussions are not allowed, except in the context of how they apply to specific books.

Thanks for understanding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back