1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen Baxter

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror Books' started by shadforth, Apr 6, 2011.

1. shadforth

shadforth Member

Currently Reading:
    The Yellow Birds by Kevin Peters
    I like the sound of Baxter's 'Titan'. Has anyone read this or any of his other sci-fi novels?

2. joderu95

joderu95 New Member

Yes. I've read Raft, Timelike Infinity and Flood and several of his short stories. Very entertaining hard SF author.

3. shadforth

shadforth Member

Currently Reading:
    Thanks,joderu95.

4. darrenwhite

darrenwhite New Member

Currently Reading:
    Memes of Loss and Devotion
    I love this book & this author. I went through a long period of only reading him. I love hard scifi, and he knows so much about pysics that it's hard to separate real physics from fiction.

5. shadforth

shadforth Member

Currently Reading:
    Titan was the best sci/fi novel I read in 2011,and I've since read Baxter's Raft & Timelike Infinity. Another sci/fi writer I've discovered is Jeffrey A Carver,though I'm not sure if he's classed as a hard sci/fi writer but Neptune Crossing & Strange Attractors were very entertaining,and I recently downloaded the 3rd in his Chaos Chronicles The Sea Of Infinity to my kindle.