• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King / Dark Tower Comics!

I assume you added the tag, so thank you very much Lenny.
The End World Almanac looks interesting.

Yeah, the Almanac is kinda cool. It's like a mini-encyclopedia (something Furth is good at considering her Concordances). The drawings are awesome. It's nice getting a different perspective on what some Mid-World creatures/people look like.

New Dark Tower today.
This series is called Treachery.
The Dark Tower: Treachery Release Log - StephenKing.com

number1_full.jpg

Treachery #1

I picked this up last Friday when I got Marvel's The Stand.
So far, Treachery looks like it'll be the best out of the three. In this first issue, Cuthbert, Alain, and Roland are
home in Gilead. Cuthbert & Alain are given the true guns of gunslingers and must deal with the jealousies of the other apprentices who still have to await their final challenge of battling Cort, their trainer. Meanwhile, Roland is still absorbed with the grapefruit.
If you haven't read the first two Marvel Dark Tower series (Gunslinger Born & The Long Road Home), I'd say skip them and just start with Treachery.

Treachery #2

The 2nd issue came out on Wednesday.
This issue focuses on the women of midworld, particularly the niece of Cort. She's a born gunslinger but will not be recognized because she's not a man.
Robin Furth's story at the end is about the legend of Lady Oriza.
:star2:

Just ordered the second hardcover collection with the exclusive amazon cover, I dug it more than the other one.

51BJdMzf1aL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Treachery #3

Treachery #3

(This issue came out early in November - just now found time to read it)

Gabrielle Deschain
is away at a nunnery for a retreat.
Steven Deschain
& his group of gunslingers are making their way back to Gilead.
Roland is
still obsessed with the grapefruit and Alain & Cuthbert decide it's time to get it away from him.

Robin Furth's piece provides a story and background info on Little Sisters (as in Little Sisters of Eluria from Everything's Eventual).
:star3:

Lenny said:
Just ordered the second hardcover collection with the exclusive amazon cover, I dug it more than the other one.
Really? I mean, yeah, the first one was just DT:IV told super fast, but I was so unimpressed with the second as well. I found it kinda boring. This third one going on is much better.

I had heard there was going to be a one shot issue of a comic focusing on Flagg's backstory called Sorcerer. Anyone heard anything about that?

Also, I've got to say that I love, love, love the dark tower comics. Reading Gunslinger Born was so much more enjoyable than Wizard and Glass.

I met Jae Lee in October in Vegas, and he was so nice. He signed a bunch of my variants from the Long Road Home and Gunslinger Born. Pretty sweet.

I had heard there was going to be a one shot issue of a comic focusing on Flagg's backstory called Sorcerer. Anyone heard anything about that?
I haven't heard anything about it. But thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out. And if you hear anything more, please let us know! :)

I haven't heard anything about it. But thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out. And if you hear anything more, please let us know! :)

I found it on another site. It will be released in February 2009. It is a oneshot - not part of an arc. I'm looking forward to reading this one. :whistling:

re: loneleaf

I think a lot of people would agree - you should skip Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger. Books II-VII is what the fuss is all about. You shouldn't base your opinion on the DT series on that first book. Even King is in agreement, which is why he revised it.

As for Gunslinger Born, yes, it's basically shit. But it's not DT:I, it's an abridged version DT: IV. It sucks because it's abridged and it's not a new story. I'd say it's mainly for the fans who know the story well.
---
Thanks for the update Hannah!

I'm buying the books because Peter David did the scripting, but I don't read the Dark Tower books by King and I've found the comics to be merely okay and not all that interesting to me in the end.

Treachery #4

Treachery #4

This issue came out last month, finally picked it up today.
The plot to kill Steven Deschain thickens as Marten Broadcloak seduces Gabrielle Deschain into his plan.

Finally, Roland hands over the grapefruit to his father after he almost kills his friends.

There is a spy among the gunslingers.

Robin Furth's story at the end is okay. A little dry. It deals with the psychic abilities of the Manni and the Gunslingers: "the touch." It also discusses the tower/the rose and the traveling between worlds.

:star2:

Treachery #5 of 6
This was pretty damn good.
Gabrielle Deschain
is working with the bad guys to poison Steven Deschain.
Robin Furth's addition focuses on Mid World poisons. Haven't read it yet. I'll get back to y'all on that.

:star4:

Back