• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: Dark Tower Series

Can anyone give a good review on these books for me. I love ancient history and medieval style books a little bit of fantasy is ok but not too much magic and weird stuff like that. I have heard a lot of good about these books and would like a review geared to what kind of reader I am.

Thanks

Can anyone give a good review on these books for me. I love ancient history and medieval style books a little bit of fantasy is ok but not too much magic and weird stuff like that. I have heard a lot of good about these books and would like a review geared to what kind of reader I am.

Thanks

I'm not one to give reviews but I will say that The Dark Tower may not be your cup of tea, I hate to say that because it is such a good series but it really doesn't have a medieval style to it (more of a western feel to it) and it has a lot of magic, it talks about parallel worlds, and in general has a lot of "weird stuff" in it, lol. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, it does help. I am sure it is well written but the magic stuff doesn't usually spark my interest. I might still pick up the first book from library or something and give it a try.

But thanks again for your opinion it helps a lot

Thanks a lot, it does help. I am sure it is well written but the magic stuff doesn't usually spark my interest. I might still pick up the first book from library or something and give it a try.

But thanks again for your opinion it helps a lot

Can't hurt to try and the first book is almost magic free.

I have had the Gunslinger for wks and have picked it up but i carnt get into it.
But i will keep trying to read it!

It's funny, I have heard this from a lot of people, but personally The Gunslinger is one of my favorites of the series. I really got into it, far more than Book 2.

even after reading it, I'm not entirely sure. Damn thing is all over the place. Therer are some awesome books in the series (Wastelands probably my fav), but as a whole series, i kind of think its a little overrated, honestly.

Back