• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King: Under the Dome

I recently read Under the Dome, and to say I liked it would be an under statement. This book in a way defines what a page turner is. I just could not put the book down (Though, at almost 900 pages, it is quite heavy;))

Right from the beginning, I was mesmerized with the unusual plot, and really wanted to know how and why the dome engulfed the city. But, as I reached half way through, I was so entangled in the rapidly weakening social and political scenario, that I almost forgot about the dome :innocent:

Though, Stephen King got a lot of characters killed, I think Big Jim's death scene was the most impressive of them all. Though, I found the end of the novel as a dampener. A well written novel was finished too abruptly.

But, still the novel is quite amazing and can be read again and again, despite it being a suspense, which are usually just one-time read.
Definitely deserves :star4:

Begin at once, the novel is too charged to put down, with the very first chapter creating an inescapable dome around the reader

I quite enjoyed it. Just one loose end that bugged me. Spoiler alert, but what happened to the kid? I would have liked to have known in the end who took him in.

I was at the local bookstore yesterday and looked it over... My though was "oh great another long drawn out story like the stand"...Normally i really like Stephen King, but after reading "from a buick 8" i lost interest in him. Being that said and reading all the comments about "under the dome" I think i'll go pick it up.

Back