• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strange thing about pizza

Libre

It's the only food I can think of that declines in taste with every bite. I mean, the first bite (the pointy end) is the best. The next few bites are still real good, but not quite as good as the point, for some reason. Then you get to the middle and it's still good, but starting to really lose something. Then you get to the back end and you just eat it because it's there, and finally the ridge at the back with no sauce - the part you don't even eat at all.
Of course, the solution to this problem is to have a second slice ready to go, so you can start from the point all over again. And as you're working your way through it, better tell them to get one more slice ready. But don't eat it too hot!!! Or you'll get that little seared flap of skin hanging down from the roof of your mouth for a day - and I hate that!

I had pizza earlier tonight...my thing is, I like the crust, but more importantly I like the bubbles in the crust that often have sauce and cheese still on 'em...mmm that's the tastiest part to me, and that's at the end of the eating experience.

D

...........and then there are the pizzas with cheese in the crust. :cool:
But if it has too much sauce I don't like it.

I think a lot of food is like that: the first bite is great and then it's like your tastebuds grow instantly immune. I often leave the last bite of any meal, it's like I just can't stand another bite of that taste, no matter what it is. Weird, I know.

The crust is actually my favourite part of pizza - but then again, we have real pizzas here with crunchy bases; not those droopy, greasy things that you have in the US of A ;)

There's a name for that phenomenon in economics parlance: Diminishing Marginal Utility.

But personally, Libre, I think you're not eating the right pizza if you're thinking this way.

Ronny said:
Funny, I was eating pizza while reading this and it's true.

or you're easily lead :O

I find starving yourself prior to pizza the best way to enjoy ;)

Originally Posted by AquaBlue
I can't eat pizza: Diet.:mad:

Same with me! :mad: I am going to Riviera Maya in three weeks and need to lose a few before then...and I love pizza! The guys at work had some the other night and it was really tempting!:(

I just had a pizza the size of a cartwheel. With garlic, onions, pimientos, egg plant, zucchini, beef and sour cream.

I don't feel so good. Yet at the same time, I feel great. Weird.

The crust is actually my favourite part of pizza - but then again, we have real pizzas here with crunchy bases; not those droopy, greasy things that you have in the US of A

But personally, Libre, I think you're not eating the right pizza if you're thinking this way.

MonkeyCatcher and novella:
SURELY YOU JEST! I'm a native New Yorker, and have been eating pizza since I was a lad. As EVERYONE knows, New York Pizza is the bar setter, the standard by which ALL other pizzas are judged.
Same goes for kosher delis, bagel stores and Chinese Take Out places!

Stewert and Aqua Blue:
Truth is, I'm on the same diet (groan). But I cheated this week. I was on my way to a meeting and I needed a fast and satisfying dinner. I live in an area with no less than 2 - 3 pizzerias per block - so I gave in to my craving.

beer good said:
Well, there's that. But it's the GOOD kind of nausea. :D <---note green colour.

well, yeah...that's true....and that can be said about a lot of things:D

Ms. said:
or you're easily lead :O

I find starving yourself prior to pizza the best way to enjoy ;)

That I know for a fact, I'm always going astray lead by others' evil suggestions :(

C'mon Libre. I've had plenty of bad pizza in NYC. It's home to both the finest examples (exemplars!) of the breed and some of the most careless, tasteless, overcheesed-with-cardboard-dough examples as well. I have a whole ratings system developed since childhood.

Back