• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Strange Things: role play

stigmaticman

follow your characters

Poppy and Dermut are a mercinary couple who travel from town equipted with magic swords. Dermut's sword was named Glacius, and when he yelled its name he would activate flames; but it only worked for him.
Poppy to had a sword named Lakewind. Lakewind was a special sword indeed, It could be thrown and at a chant and it can come back, on demand, especially if it got knocked out of her grips. the two swords could be put together to make a master sword. These two swords were crafted

out of a very rare and precious metal called garnermite. It was immensely strong and the brightest shiny silver. Dermut and Poppy had been summoned by a local Chieftan to track down a vicious villian, named Scabio,who had been leading raids on his village. The villagers lived in fear of further atrocities, many had already died at the hands of Scabio and his ruthless mob.

The mob called themselves the Lynch Mob. crooked cops, ex-pirates, and barbarians were in their ranks. Scabio was the leader, and was the worst most ruthless of them all. He and Dermut new each other all to well. The two were war buddies at one point before Scabio went awol, (absent without leave), and formed the Mob. Ever since Scabio left the force he'd been using his military know-how to train his mob. He was a sailor-mouthed ruffian with no regard for rules and hatered for authority.

Dermut and Poppy shouldered their swords and went off in search of the wicked Scabio and his cronies. They heard tell they were hiding out in some nearby mountains, but it was a treacherous journey to reach there. On the way

out of town they stocked up on the esentials needed to travel that distance. Poppy was a young woman who believed very much in superstitions and the supernatural. So she insisted on seeing the fortune-teller before she would leave on such a dangerous trip.
Dermut tagged along because he was curious about this kind of stuff. He was skeptical about psychics and he never believed a word they said, but he wanted to see what Poppy would be told and believe.

The fortune-teller foretold a very pleasant journey, with nice scenery, good weather, a bit of R&R on the way and a nice happy ending. Poppy, who wasn't quite that much of a sucker, decided that physics were a load of old hooey and refused to pay. The old crone gave chase and Dermut and Poppy had to run for it, to escape the prickly end of her broom.

To reach the mountain they had to go through the deadly Snake Forrest. Dermut was well aware of the dangers of traveling deep into the wilderness. He was afraid of the snakes most of all for he had heard stories of snakes large enough to eat a full grown man but his trusty sword and faithful friend gave him the courage, he felt, to take on anything. This sense of securit eased his mind a little and settled his stomach. Poppy wasn't one bit afraid for she loved the woods; her backyard so to speak. She never

left home without a pocketful of critter-food to feed to all the creatures on the way. Unfortunately, this wasn't such a good idea as soon a long trail of strange critters were following close behind. Dermut, totally fearless when faced by most dangers, was getting a bit nervous about the large number of out-size snakes. Poppy threw down the remains of the food and they travelled on alone. Any threatening snakes that popped up on the way, were quickly disposed of with a swift twist to their neck and thrown over

the edge into the water. The pair now traveled along a small river that lead deep into the woods. Nobody was around for miles.
"I'm hungry," said Dermut "and I don't want to eat the flat bread alone. I want meat."
Poppy smiled and waded out into the water with Lakewind. She then threw the sword into the water. Poppy said, "Encanta" and the sword returned to her hands with a fish impaled on the end.

"Hey," said Poppy "you'll upset my sword if you call it the wrong name. It's Lakewind, remember?"
Dermut starts a fire with his Glacius sword and fish and bread is soon on the menu. The night is filled with strange noises but luckily the fire keeps any danger at bay.
Early the next morning

they woke at the same time.
The sun peaked out over the horizon. It was hot already and guaranteed to get warmer. The two companions were in for a long day.
They walked and walked and walked, taking few breaks just long enough to quench their thirst. The river was a great help in aiding their journey, it was known as the Virgin River because it was undefiled and pure. It was calm on the surface but if one were to try and swim in it they would be swept away by the current.
In the distence was the mountain range the mob was supposedly hiding in. Poppy and Dermut didn't need directions or fear getting lost because the mountains were always in sight. The mountains were covered in trees and had bald spots where stone shone and trees couldn't grow.
Poppy and Dermut set off in the general direction. Poppy had a hard time keeping up with Dermut even though he was carrying most of the supplies.
Poppy never

Her legs were starting to cramp up but she was as tough as nails. She wouldn't dare stop, nor complain. She believed women and men were equals. So she stayed with Dermut step for step.
Dermut noticed she was grunting pretty hard and huffing as she walked. So he cut her some slack and set the pace a little slower so she could keep up. If they were to reach the base of the mountains by nightfall they had to keep a fairly fast pace, but if they made good enough time they could rest a while longer and regain their strength.
They walked through the lush forrest whos canopy shaded the ground. The sweat in their clothes cooled them off as a gentle breeze began to blow.

Poppy didn't want to disillusion Dermut, but it was more a case of being totally incapable of speech, due to over-exertion, than to any stoicism on her part. *#!?^&#*@ and other choice words were passing through her mind.
The final lap of the journey passed in a merciful blur and they reached the foot of the mountains. Here they found a labyrinth of caves which contained

warning signs posted at the enterance. It was darker than night in the caves. But this was no problem thanks to Dermuts magic sword. He yelled it's name and "presto!" they had light. Dermut had a bad feeling about this. Bones along with human skulls littered the cave floor, and he noticed shed snake skin lying about. He concluded that Scabio was hiding elsewhere.
Then there was a rustling sound coming from the direction of the entrance. It was the snake, and he was blocking the entrance. It looked like

something out of your worst night-mare. It had glowing red eyes that stared at Dermut and Poppy hypnotically. It's skin was starting to shed off in large ugly pieces and it hissed and flicked it's long forked tongue. The cave was his domain, he resented all intruders and struck with ruthless accuracy. Poppy just pulled out Lakewind, chopped his head off and that was that. Now they could explore further into the cave.

The cave had a musty smell to it. It smelled more and more like something died the deeper they went. they went deep into the labrynth where they found an underground lake with a boat in it. "I wonder whos that is." Dermut gave Poppy a strange look. His sword was bright but you couldn't see the walls of this huge cavern in the darkness. Chances are this cave was for hiding treasure because it would be to dangerous to risk visiting often. The cave was the safe and the snake was the lock.

They hopped on board the boat. It had no oars but magically sailed itself deeper and deeper into the cave. Dermut's sword shone on cavities in the walls which contained gold and jewelled treasures. The horrible smell was getting stronger and stronger.
"That smells like a dragon with a bad case of tummy-bug," said Dermut, who was quite an expert on all things dragon.
"I hope it's a friendly dragon," said Poppy. " I only like killing snakes."

Then they heard a roar. The dragon must have heard them. They got off the boat."Quick, give me your sword" said Dermut. He then combined the swords. When the swords joined togather it would make a new sword, a sword that can cause earthquakes. The dragon came out of hiding and charged towards the duo. Dermut stabbed the sword into the ground. The cave shook and the cieling started to cave in. "This way. I see light" said Dermut "Run for your life!"

"Hell, I wish I'd been given a bit of prior warning about all the physical activity involved in this mission," muttered Poppy. " He thinks I'm the heroine out of Indianna Jones or something!!!"
They ran towards the light, dodging pieces of falling rock. There was an almighty crash, a muffled roar, then silence.
"Well, that sorted the dragon," said Dermut.
Once out in the light, they discovered they had entered a whole new world, the likes of which they had never seen before.

Back