• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestion: tell us where you're from

Idun, I know where is it, but I never went there. Yes, I have see the film, Amelie. it was good film.

How is Place de Tertre like? Is it worth visiting?

I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Amelie. :D

During storm the waves become very impressive.

I think that would be wonderful to see, the sea never ceases to amaze me with its changing moods.

I loved Montmartre, it is exactly how I imagined Paris to be - full of artists and beautiful buildings.

Kaz is Amelie worth watching? It's another film I haven't got round to watching.

blackstar, the best word I can think of to describe Amelie is 'whimsical'. Not everybody's cup o' tea.

I think you need to be in the right mood to like it. Amelie (the character) is quirky and a romantic, so if you like that kind of character, you will probably like the film. It's very beautifully filmed and the score is wonderful too.

Montmartre was lovely :) The Sacre-Coeur is well worth visiting, even if it is impossible to get a decent angle for a picture of the thing :p The Dali Museum is just round the corner and well worth a look if you like that sort of thing

Phil

Originally posted by blackstar

Kaz is Amelie worth watching? It's another film I haven't got round to watching.

I enjoyed to watch this film, it's more romantic with bit of funky. Worth to try to watch if you like. :)

Originally posted by Idun
How is Place de Tertre like? Is it worth visiting?

I have bit of research today, I found out that Place de Tertre is in Montmartre!! Silly me!! :eek:

Hi! I love reading about Paris as seen by foreigners! I subscribed a couple of days ago. I'm currently based in Switzerland by consider myself to be from Paris as I've lived there from 10 to 23, near La Tour d'Argent ;-) (where, needless to say, I've never been!) and still have my family there. It's dirty, noisy, the people can be rude... it's true that many people don't speak English but you have to ask for details in restaurants because the food is really good. Montmartre to me is a faraway place full of tourists, I've only been there a couple of times, however behind the Sacré Coeur it is a most beautiful area, with vineyards, little streets and beautiful houses and artists' lofts. Most expensive though, but so beautiful. :) I do love Paris. :D

Originally posted by soxfan
I was born in Buffalo, NY and grew up mostly in Pittsburgh, PA, but by now I'm a Bostonian. :)

Ooohh, I love to go to Boston. Lovely place. Can you tell us about Boston? Is it well known about tea? ( my favourite drink is tea!!)

*chuckle* Well, not the tea per se, but for people tossing it overboard. When folks think of Boston, they usually think of schools (we have a lot of universities in the area), sports (pro teams in baseball, American football, basketball and hockey), the Boston Marathon, and the American Revolution.

I've been in the area for 9+ years now, and find it just right -- a major city that's still manageable. (I grew up in a small suburb, so NYC has always overwhelmed me through no fault of its own.)

I can see I made you laugh!! Thank to tell us about your home. Very sporty. Do you go to watch the sports?

Originally posted by Kaz
I have bit of research today, I found out that Place de Tertre is in Montmartre!!

LOL, you're right! I also looked into a guide to Paris and found out the same, but you had been first to write about it!

So we were talking about the same place all the time! Well, it happens.;)

Originally posted by Idun
LOL, you're right! I also looked into a guide to Paris and found out the same, but you had been first to write about it!

So we were talking about the same place all the time! Well, it happens.;)

Yeah!! :eek: Anyway, we learned new things everyday!! :D

Question for all the Londoners over here.

I'm coming to London in about a month, and I know I'm gonna go see the Big Ben and the Tower Bridge and all those famous landmarks, but what are the less famous landmarks that I should go see?

Any suggestions?! Everything is welcome, but please motivate your suggestions!

Cheers, Martin :D

Originally posted by Kaz
I can see I made you laugh!! Thank to tell us about your home. Very sporty. Do you go to watch the sports?

I've been to a couple of baseball games and one hockey game ... unfortunately the ticket prices are high, so it's too expensive to go regularly.

And for Martin -- I'm not a Londoner, but I visited there a couple of months ago. As far as less well-known landmarks go, I liked the Cabinet War Rooms, which reconstructed the underground working/living spaces that Churchill and others used during WWII (right down to actors who play a military officer and a trainer for the typing pool).

Martin, go to London Eye!! I went there last couple of months ago. It was fantasic and you can see everywhere in London when you are top of the London Eye!!
Also it would be nice to go to Portbello Road where the markets sells all sort of old antiques.
Of course you can go to Oxford St to spend on books!! :lol

Back