• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: January 2006 Book of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

This is the last month we'll have to have a shorter suggestion/voting period to get us caught up to having the book planned one month in advance!

Thread will close November 20.

A maximum of ten books will be put to the vote.

If more than 10 books are suggested, then books which have more than one nomination will take priority (books with three nominations get priority over books with two etc.)

The remainder will be put forward in the order they are suggested until the 10 voting slots are filled.

Stewart said:
Have you read it before?
I've read Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal, but not Black Sunday. I heard it's nothing like the others, but I thought it would fit for January.

sirmyk said:
I've read Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal, but not Black Sunday. I heard it's nothing like the others, but I thought it would fit for January.

Yeah, I have it. It's more of a good guy saves the world from terrorists novel.

Heheh, let's just mark Small Island in for the discussion now. I'll fifth or sixth it, or whatever we're on now. One of the great novels of recent years.

I suggest "If On a Winter's Night, A Traveler" by Italo Calvino. It's pretty underground, but the style of the book is unlike most novels.

blurricus said:
I suggest "If On a Winter's Night, A Traveler" by Italo Calvino. It's pretty underground, but the style of the book is unlike most novels.

I'll second that, it's already on my TBR list.

Aw, shucks, now I'm blushing. I just couldn't find another book forum as good as this one. And I missed so many of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back