• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: Themed Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehastings

Hi everyone. It looks like the themed months were an overwhelming sucess. So, I'll take suggestions for this years themes. Last year we did:
Banned Books
Short Stories
Non-Fiction
Award Winners

The Runners Up Were:
Beach Reads
Happy Holidays
Horror
Mysteries
Sports
Can't Win 'Em All (second place books from previous months)

So, please suggest a new topic, or one of the runners up from last year that you'd like to try. Poll to end when we've got ten suggestions, or suggestions start to die off.

All right folks. A whole lot of people voted that they enjoyed the themed months, but nobody has popped in with ideas. Unless there are a whole ton of ideas popping up soon I'm going to scrap this idea. Sorry!!

I like the idea of Can't Win 'Em All, and perhaps we could do certain countries ie suggested books must be written by authors from a nominated country.

Somehow I missed this topic before...

How about Lesser Known Novels? Works of fiction that not many people seem to have heard of but the nominating party loves?
And... Weirdest Books? Books that just seem weird but great.

I really like the idea of doing the Can't Win 'Em All one too. :)

As a new member, I'm not sure what would count as a theme. But here are my suggestions:
How about Author of the Month?
Or themes according to subjects? For eg spirituality, philosophy, etc.
Or maybe autobiographies, biographies & memoirs?
Or Classic books?
The Country of The Month & Can't Win 'Em All are good suggestions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back