• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Summer 'blockbusters' so far. . .

TheCoatman

Is anyone else a little disappointed with the standard and quality of many of the films released this summer that were lined up to be fantastic. . . 'could have been better' seems to be the best phrase to describe the majority of them, especially Transformers: Dark Of The Moon. . .

What do the rest of you think?

When have summer blockbusters ever been something to look forward to in terms of quality rather than Big Dumb Fun?

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings? Although I think for the most part those never came out in the summer.

Carry on.

Big Dumb Fun is still a form of entertainment. . . I've yet to be really entertained so far this summer. . . We shall have to see if Rise of the Planet of the Apes breaks the cycle on wednesday

Lord of the Rings always came out in December though, right? Harry Potter danced from summer to fall and back again. I always had a theory that it was because of that horrible series which we must not name decided to be released in the summer. But I could be wrong.

I did like Cowboys and Aliens. :) But I'm not really excited for any movies until fall.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks like a candidate for a lot of awards, including maybe Best Movie of the Summer, and of the Year even.
Have seen it twice, and counting. :)

Back