• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suspense/Thriller novels written by women?

Gary King

Anyone able to suggest any suspense/thriller novels written by women? Any good books that fit this criteria that you would suggest?

Thanks in advance! :)

I researched Patricia Cornwell on Amazon.com and all her books have sub-par ratings :( But Lisa Scottoline is a good author; I'm going with her books :) Thanks! :D

Gary King said:
I researched Patricia Cornwell on Amazon.com and all her books have sub-par ratings :( But Lisa Scottoline is a good author; I'm going with her books :) Thanks! :D
I think the person you might want to look up is Patricia Highsmith. Also PD James. Perhaps that one who does the cat books or the alphabet books (are they the same?) Okay, I know asking that I give myself away as not a fan of such, but why seek out only women. Have you read John LeCarre? Graham Greene? Eric Ambler?

Sue Grafton, Lisa Gardner, Linda Howard, Kay Hooper, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg, Tess Gerritsen, Rebecca Forster, Anne Frasier, Dana Cameron, Beverly Connor, Lilian Jackson Braun

Kathleen Mallory series by Carol O'Connell is excellent police procedural-type suspense with great cast of regulars and singular literary style. I put up a thread on her books in this forum but no one has repsonded ...

Kathleen Mallory books

How come no one mentioned Sara paretsky yet (Author of the V.I. Warshawski Crime Novels/Thrillers)

2 Thumbs up.

Bumping a good thread with a comment on reading the new V. I. Warshawski novel, Blacklist, by Sara Paretsky. Besides the fact that the local flavor does influence my interest, Paretsky has created a wonderful character and has great talent for spinning a hard-boilded mystery. In Blacklist, she's working Ross Macdonald multigenerational crime turf with aplomb. V.I. is nothing if not INTENSE, a true-blue bloodhound, tenaciously on point and with her heart on her sleeve, making you feel every slight she feels. Best book yet by someone who set the bar high early on ...

Do you count Iris Johansen? Her books are generally thrillers. They're fluffy, fast reads, but I've loved every one! They usually have a strong female lead, a mysterious male co-star, and bad guys. lol

She's one of my favorite authors. Comfort reads!

I just have to put in a mention for Jilliane Hoffman. I've read both her books and been mightily impressed.

Dogtanian said:
I just have to put in a mention for Jilliane Hoffman. I've read both her books and been mightily impressed.

I've read the first one which was really good but I haven't had chance to start the second one yet.

Female authors!

My vote goes to P. J. Tracy[ a mother-daughter writing team] who have churned out amazing characters & storylines

their books are "Monkeewrench" & "Livebait"

Hyperstorm said:
My vote goes to P. J. Tracy[ a mother-daughter writing team] who have churned out amazing characters & storylines

their books are "Monkeewrench" & "Livebait"

Read Monkeerench although its called 'Want to Play' over here. Live Bait is next on my list to read. Never knew it was a mother-daughter writing team though.

Back