• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tea

Wabbit said:
Tea is something that I really can't stand. Just the smallest sip makes me want to puke. It tastes like rancid dish water! :eek:

Couldn't (and didn't!) put it better myself! Yuk to tea. :)

SFG75 said:
We must've been separated at birth-Earl Grey is awesome.:cool:

Can I join the Earl Grey supporters club?

Has to be red hot and definitely no milk; about four to six a day and get called all sorts for drinking it at work as I have to bring my own in because they only provide Tetley.

I too like Earl Grey. (Lady Grey tastes similar, I think it's a little less strong.) Actually I like pretty much every flavor of tea I've tried except mint. It's weird too because I love mint in every other context.

I could see myself switching from coffee to tea if I had to for health reasons. But since I'm ok so far I drink both! :D

Kookamoor said:
What is it about Earl Grey that makes it taste like that? You either love it or hate it (I'm the latter). I thought there was a particular ingredient in its content that made it taste so different from other black teas. And also, what's 'Lady Grey'?

Earl Grey tea has citrus oil of bergamot, which is an oil that is obtained from the fresh peel of the bergamot lime. Lady Grey tea has citrus oil of bergamot and other citrus flavors, such as lemon and orange.

By the way, I love iced tea, and I love lemonade, but I can't stand iced tea with lemon.

I dont drink tea at all i think its horrible and i think wabbit sums it up really well. :eek:

Do you drink tea? Yes, especially at night before i go to sleep

What flavors are your favorite or do you just like it plain? i drink only black or green tea, occasionally chamomile tea

What do you put in it? if the tea is black, sugar and milk, if green tea - just sugar. i like both iced too

Would you ever switch from coffee to tea and why? i am more of a coffee drinker than tea drinker. i gotta have coffee everyday

I mean, if I had to cut back on my caffeine intake for some reason, I'd switch to black tea, then green, and then herbal only to wean myself off.

Green tea, of course. Its flavor can be vaporized into an image of a/the fresh bamboo forest.

The onlybagged tea I have had is Lipton rose tea. Couldn't tolerate it. And I don't undestand why people enjoy in putting almost everything in TEA. Like sugar, milk, butter, and others. I was invited to a friend's place who came from India and who made the typical Indian tea. It tasted okay, but I was sort of reluctant to call it tea.

Crystal said:
Green tea, of course. Its flavor can be vaporized into an image of a/the fresh bamboo forest.

I tried green tea once, but because I'm colour-blind I didn't really like it.

:confused:

Libra6Poe said:
I'm not really into hot tea (it just makes me feel like I'm drinking hot water). But my mother loves Harney and Sons HT teas...

OMG, they are a small local company near where I live. Personally, I buy my tea elsewhere (J.B Peele & Co) because the quality and price are both better. But Harney is an interesting little company.

Peet's Coffee makes some excellent teas. I perculate the leaves through my espresso machine. Zowie!

Crystal said:

The onlybagged tea I have had is Lipton rose tea. Couldn't tolerate it. And I don't undestand why people enjoy in putting almost everything in TEA. Like sugar, milk, butter, and others. I was invited to a friend's place who came from India and who made the typical Indian tea. It tasted okay, but I was sort of reluctant to call it tea.
Maybe we're just a bunch of oddballs for adding all the extra ingredients to the tea? ;) It reminds me of my other eating habits. I know like one other person who will go to Wendy's and dip their French fries into a frosty.

Back