• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

teenage author?

perigrine

hi im searching for a book i read when i was younger ,unfortunatly i dont remember the title or author , i do remember that the book was written by a 13 year old female ,.the story was about a group of friends one of them gets lukemia or something similar and possibly died

any help would be thankfully appreciated

HELEN OYEYEMI was born in Nigeria in 1984, and has lived in London from the age of four. She completed The Icarus Girl just before her nineteenth birthday, while studying for her A-levels. She is now a student of Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge University. She has written two plays, Juniper's Whitening and Victimese; The Icarus Girl is her first novel, and she is at work on her second.

From random house

I was positive I read somewhere she was 17. Maybe nobody knows... :cool:

Sorry for the hi-jack Peregrine

Could be a book by Isobelle Carmody - Obernewtyn - as I know that she wrote it when she was 13 and it has things to do with radiation I think. Not too sure on the lukemia thing though...

Back