• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" by Michael Chabon

lies

I didn't really know where to put this, since it's not your typical fantasy book I guess, but anyway.

I've noticed that some people (like myself) have been reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. How is everyone liking it?

I still haven't managed to get through it (too much other books I can't neglect), but so far, I think it's a "unique", fun novel, thought it does seem to have its ups and downs. (Or maybe that's the translator not trying hard enough.)

I went to the comic book store the other day and noticed that there actually really is a Kavalier & Clay comic book now (by Chabon, if I'm not mistaken).

Yeah, I thought so too at first, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if it was really my cup of tea until I've actually finished the book.

I read it a while ago, and really enjoyed it. I found the language incredibly vivid (you could be right about it not coming through in translation). And yep, that comic is by Chabon -- I haven't checked that out yet, but want to.

Kavalier and Clay is a very good book. Wonder Boys is good too. The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, despite being a good book, was a little too gay for my licking...did I just type 'licking'?!? I meant 'liking'...**** Freud...

Not having read "Mysteries of Pittsburgh", I can't say anything about it either way. And since Ou Be Low hoo's been banned, I guess there's no point in trying to figure out just what s/he meant by "too gay", is there?

To get back on topic ... Lies, what language are you reading the book in?

Lies, I thought you might be interested! There is another book by the same author that I posted about here in this thread. :)

Ha! That'll have to wait, cause I still haven't finished Kavalier and Clay. I think another five baths should do it though. Then I'm all ears!

Back