• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"The beginning is the most important part of the work." ~Plato

onetwentypm

Hello everyone! :)

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. My love of reading brought me to this forum and I am delighted at what I've seen so far. I'm looking forward to being a part of some of the interesting and fun conversations going on throughout this site.

Just a bit about me: I'm happily married, getting close to 30, living in the southeastern part of the United States. I have lots of hobbies and interests, but of course reading reigns supreme. I love quotations, coffee, puppies, the Internet, and the color red. I'm quite fond of the music of John Williams, Michael Buble, and Josh Groban.

I will read just about anything, but my bookshelf is dominated by mostly historical fiction and contemporary literature. I've got over 300 books on my TBR list. I'm currently reading "Prospect Street" by Emilie Richards. It's not too bad. ;)

I know I'm going to enjoy "meeting" all of you. Now I'm off to explore the forum!

Hi Justin91! :)

Thanks for the welcome. I see you're reading one by Colleen McCullough. She's great, isn't she? I read The Thorn Birds for the first time earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have The October Horse on my TBR shelf and hope to get to it sooner than later.

I enjoy historical fiction by John Jakes, Jeffrey Archer, and Megan Chance, to name a few. Specific books I've really enjoyed: The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease.

Do you have any favorite historical fiction authors to recommend?

Hi Justin91! :)

Thanks for the welcome. I see you're reading one by Colleen McCullough. She's great, isn't she? I read The Thorn Birds for the first time earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have The October Horse on my TBR shelf and hope to get to it sooner than later.

I enjoy historical fiction by John Jakes, Jeffrey Archer, and Megan Chance, to name a few. Specific books I've really enjoyed: The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease.

Do you have any favorite historical fiction authors to recommend?

October Horse is was not my favourite "first man in Rome" series. You must read the whole collection if you start it. You will not be sorry. I have not read the Thorn Birds, It is on my long TBR list.

Welcome to B&R!. Gotta love coffee.
th_banana.gif

Sofia, Phelbas, SFG75, Poppy1 - Thanks for the warm welcome! :cool:

Justin91 - I will keep in mind that I need to read the full "First Man in Rome" series by McCullough. Just another excuse to buy some more books!

lady.cordelia - Thank you! That is beautiful! I wish I could do that with my coffee. But for some reason, my plain ol' Folgers and 1% milk won't work. :rolleyes: :)

Back