• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the best fantasy books

Mercedes Lackey. Hands down, if you love falling in love with the characters of a book to the point that your heart breaks when they do, try Arrows of the Queen, which is what started it all.

I didn't have a chance to post anything so I am going to redo this:
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One) by Patrick Rothfuss

Probably the best book I've read in a long time. If you like fantasy you will like this book.
The Name of the Wind is the first book, it's a lot of pages but it's very hard to put it down.

I read it in a weekend, gave it to a coworker who also got hooked and read it in a weekend, then gave it to my girlfriend who is about 50 pages away from finishing it.

I don't know what else to say really, highly recommended though. I read all sorts of fantasy from the dark tower series, harry potter, game of thrones, all the young adult stuff like percy jackson, the demon heir trilogy, the way of kings, lord of the rings, etc and I can honestly say that this book topped them all, easily.

There are some great fantasy suggestions in here. My favorite one is Entwined.

The One Known As Ace is pretty good. Downside is you can only get it on Blurb.com and shipping takes a while if you order a paperback copy

One of the best fantasy book I've ever read is "Across the Universe" by Beth Revis, so I'd recommend it to everyone.

Back