• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The best spiritual book of 2011

apollopoetry

:star5:

Hi everyone, my name is Apollo. I'm constantly looking for the best spiritual
books that come out each year.

I called it on 'The Secret' and The Celestine Prophecy and boy was I right.

Longtime (lurker/browser?), first time poster...

My favorites are Conversations with God, The Alchemist and The Secret. Each one was suggested to me at a time when I needed it most. Funny how that always seems to happen. :innocent

It's a new decade so something definitely will be on the horizon. A friend just mentioned a new book to me called "The Yes After Yesterday : The Equation " and the trailer looks fantastic! Really inspiring!

It hasn't come out yet, so I don't know much more than that, but if it's half as good as the trailer I've definitely found the next book to speak to me! :flowers:

haha, omg, long time lurker/browser, first time poster here too! i never thought my opinion really mattered in this stuff, but I have to chime in on this one.

SO here it goes...

The Bible is number one for me. I grew up in a religious family, but I feel like I am lucky because I had all atheist friends, so I got the best of both worlds.

The Secret fascinated me too. I don't believe it is the be all/end all, but I do believe it is one law of the universe that works amongst a whole bunch of other laws.

Kind of random, but fairy tales also give me that spiritual guidance sometimes. I just feel "the light" when I read them because they are so basic and so true and happy despite the negativity that tries to take over the protagonists.

Speaking of "the light", I was recently introduced to a new book... well, it's not published yet, so technically I was only introduced to the idea of a new book. It's called The Equation of Life or something like that, but it's sub title is The Yes After Yesterday. It is supposedly the next big thing in terms of spirituality and the universe. I'm gonna do more research on this one, but it sounded "right" for me at this present moment...

... not to push my burdens onto you guys, but i'm just really feeling down these days. I feel like all my efforts are amounting to nothing, so I just need to find some kind of energy or spiritual guidance that is fresh yet real. I hope this is it :)

I'm not a very religious person, but I am big into some of the New Age Self Help books. I just finished "The Secret" and I thought "The Alchemist" was great! Apollo you should check that book out if you haven't read it yet. I'll look into the "Yes After Yesterday" where can I find the trailer that you mentioned Balisa? Anyone else have some more books to recommend?

I recently read The 5 people You Meet in Heaven and I liked it very much. it seems strange but I think some Dean Koontz novels are spiritual, in a way. One of my favorite spiritual books was aout a preacher who was dying and went to work with American Indians in Canada. it is called I Heard the Owl Call My Name.

GoodGuyGraham: if you google "The Yes After Yesterday", the trailer should come up on Youtube or another site. It really is fantastic!

Thanks for the suggestions Jimthompson. Going to pick up "The 5 People You Meet In Heaven" tomorrow.

I enjoyed The Five People you Meet in Heaven. I would suggest "The Noticer" by Andy Andrews. I read it not too long ago and was challenged by it.

Back