• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Book List

-Carlos-

This is a list of book I have read and books I will will read. I am currently midway through The Waste Lands by Stephen King (on the list).

• Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • The Gunslinger by Stephen King
  • The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • The Waste Lands by Stephen King
  • Tales From Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • Wizard and Glass by Stephen King
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  • Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King
  • The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  • Song of Susannah by Stephen King
  • The Known World by Edward P. Jones
  • The Dark Tower by Stephen King
  • A Simple Habana Melody by Oscar Hijuelos
  • Bag of Bones by Stephen King
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
  • Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Rose Madder by Stephen King
  • Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
  • The Stand by Stephen King

More Stephen King...

• Salem's Lot
  • The Regulators
  • Desperation
  • The Little Sister's of Eluria (short story)
  • Insomnia
  • Hearts in Atlantis
  • The Talisman
  • Black House

What's your view of my list? Also, please post your book list.

_

That's a lot of King! I want to read Watership Down one of these days.

You've inspired me to try compiling a list of books I've read. I figure I'd better start now while it's relatively small. It's not going to get any easier!

AquaBlue said:
Once you have a list post it here.
Will do. I think I have at least 50% of it done. Now I Just have to try to remember a lot of the miscellaneous books that I've read over the past year.

There is neither room nor time enough for me to write either list. They are both a couple hundred titles long. :eek: So, tell ya what. I'll post the books I have checked out from the library, waiting to be read. :cool:

If on a WInter's Night a Traveler - Italo Calvino (currently reading)
Last of the Mohicans -James Fenimore Cooper
Alive- Piers Paul Read
The Monsters of St. Helena- Brooks Hansen
Fables and Reflections- Neil Gaiman
Brief Lives- Niel Gaiman
A Game of You- Neil Gaiman
American Gods- Neil Gaiman
a Jayne Ann Krentz book that I didn't ask for :confused:

Your list looks great to me, but that is because King is one of my favourite authors! I love the Dark Tower series, but I have only read 1-4 and am currently in the middle of a very long wait for the final three to come into paperback (I asked in Waterstone's and the guy said Wolves of the Calla was out in large pb in Jan 05 and small paperback the following year!!)

I personally disliked Bag of Bones but many others liked it. I thought it was pretty dull. I have also read Watership Down, which is good but sad, and I haven't read any Dan Brown so can't comment on him (though I'm sure others will!! ;) ) Haven't got time to post my own list at the moment, but suffice to say I have over 30 books on my "to read" pile. :rolleyes:

Nice list you have there, Aguablue. I've read all except The Known World, A Simple Habana Melody, and the last 2 by King. I loved the Wastelands and the rest of the Dark Tower series. But like Halo, I'm waiting for Song of Susannah and Wolves of the Calla to come out in paperback.

My "To Be Read" list is way too long to post. Besides, I keep changing my mind about what to read next. :(

Planning what book to read next isn't my forte, as I have tons of unread books lying about, with no particular idea of when I'll get to them.
So, for the sake of simplicity, I'll post the library books I have lying about here, which should for the most part get read in the next month or so.
  • Kingsley Amis - Lucky Jim (currently reading, and a fine book it is)
  • Samuel R. Delany - Dhalgren
  • Bernard Malamud - The Assistant
  • Aldous Huxley - Point Counter Point
  • Aldous Huxley - Island
  • Aldous Huxley - After Many A Summer Dies The Swan
  • John Updike - The Witches Of Eastwick
  • Max Frisch - Mein Name sei Gantenbein (Norwegian translation)
  • Graham Greene - The Power And The Glory
  • Rohinton Mistry - Family Matters
  • Evelyn Waugh - Brideshead Revisited

Huxley's an author that I find it very warming to read; there's something about his language that really appeals to me, though I haven't yet figured out what it is. Hopefully reading that trio such close together won't over-expose me, as I recently ruined Vonnegut for myself by reading four of his books in a row. I suspect I'm going to need a long pause before I can go back to him, despite how much fun he is.

I recently made "read" and "to read" lists. The read one about 80, although sadly I've forgotten some of the names of some. My to read list is currently 57 books long, most I still need to buy... heres my pile I've got to read over the next month or so..

The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice
A Safe Place - Lorenzo Carcaterra
The 25th Hour - David Benioff
About a Boy - Nick Hornby
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Carrie - Stephen King

All of the above found in charity shops and all under a pound each (except Queen of the Damned)! Plus I've just started reading Wasted by Mikki Goffin. :)

My "to read" pile has just gone up to 36! :eek: Found this great shop today where every book (even hardbacks) was £1!! Of course there wasn't a full selection, but I still managed to get Barker's Abarat (hb), Straub's Lost Girl Lost Boy (pb), a book on tracing your ancestors and a book on using Excel all for £4. RRP was £76! :eek: :D

I changed my list somewhat; and added new books (mostly King). I like to read other authors between my King's novels- see the pattern?

From the choices on my list, which novel(s) should I add for the second list (all King)? Remember they can't be by Stephen King. ;)

I like smart Sci-Fi, Fantasy/Thriller (Adventure) novels. Thanks for you input.

What's your view of my list?

I loved Watership Down. I've only read a few Stephen King books over the years but liked what I've seen.

Also, please post your book list.

I'm currently reading The Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker and I just finished A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry.

A book I'm having all sorts of difficulty getting through is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (I don't think I'm intelligent enough for this one).

Two books I've read in recent months that I highly recommend (even if you're not a fan of the style of book) are Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt and Memoirs of a Geisha by I. Forget Who.

If you're looking for a great fantasy author I'll suggest my favourite; Katherine Kerr and her Deverry saga. The first book is Daggerspell.

Hey, that is alot of King!
thud.gif

I've read the Stephen King ones, and The DaVinci Code, and Watership Down....

My list of books to read is too long to post.....but the immediate ones are:

The Devil's Knot - Mara Leveritt
Life: A User's Manual - Georges Perec
State of Fear - Michael Crichton
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood

I am ashamed to say that I have never read a Stephen King book :eek: (I know, thats quite shocking from someone who classes herself as a hardcore book lover).

I wondered, as you guys seem to have read most of his stuff, could you recommend just one and I will give it a go (although my 'to be read' list is so long it may take a while to get round to it).

Thanks Marlasinger, I will buy The Stand and give it a go. Now I have another excuse to go back to the bookshop! :D

Back