• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Educated Bum

I wouldn't ask that AB refrains from participating just that he does listens to people and actively deal with criticisms made.

Excellent statement here OReilly. I hope that Carlos takes this to heart. This isn't a matter of "getting" Carlos or picking on him, it's about picking apart his work and helping him out if he chooses to take it. The advice is straight forward, you aren't using derogatory terms to insult him, so it isn't a personal thing.

The fact that we have fellow inquisitors lashing each other, shows this forum cares about writing. That, or libra and OReilly are really sadomasochists. My money is on the latter possibility.:whistling:

This isn't a matter of "getting" Carlos or picking on him, it's about picking apart his work and helping him out if he chooses to take it.

SFG, I must say that is a very mellow interpretation of what goes on in connection with AQB around here (and other places, not relevant to the current discussion). Have you really read the many threads? Or are you referring to vary narrow scope for yur word "this"?
But, just my opinion.

SFG, I must say that is a very mellow interpretation of what goes on in connection with AQB around here (and other places, not relevant to the current discussion). Have you really read the many threads?
But, just my opinion.

Some people are straight up with him about how he walks away from conversations and the like. That is a bit "rough," yes. At the same time, the critique of writing is of a different hue. OReilly isn't posting; "You suck and you are a worthless human being!!" Personally, his critique is fair, and he offers advice on how to improve it. Once again, people are not of the same mind here(as evidenced by libra's comments towards OReilly) Would it not be fair to suggest that growing having a thick hide is wise in dealing with writing, critics, and publishers? We aren't exactly talking about people who would make good therapists ya know.

If OReilly were a therapist.

YouTube - R. Lee Ermey GEICO Commercial - Therapist Sarge

Hope you're doing well Peder, it's great to see you here posting and doing your thing.

Some people are straight up with him about how he walks away from conversations and the like. That is a bit "rough," yes.

That wasn't what I had in mind, but dredging up old examples isn't constructive either, so I'll let it be.
Have a good New Year :flowers:

Since we are playing the bolding game, I submit again for reading what I said:

The personal pronoun 'I' continues to qualify the ignoring and venting. I wasn't accusing anyone on B&R of doing that - just me.

And yes, I vented and shook my head alone - aren't we all physically alone when we participate in an online forum? Certainly, I have tried to encourage my family to watch me as I type on my laptop but oddly they seem a bit bored of that and prefer to watch telly instead. Plus the better half ain't into books that much - or pointless online discussions.

yea .ok.

Excellent statement here OReilly. I hope that Carlos takes this to heart. This isn't a matter of "getting" Carlos or picking on him, it's about picking apart his work and helping him out if he chooses to take it. The advice is straight forward, you aren't using derogatory terms to insult him, so it isn't a personal thing.

The fact that we have fellow inquisitors lashing each other, shows this forum cares about writing. That, or libra and OReilly are really sadomasochists. My money is on the latter possibility.:whistling:

Really dude?Lashing? Sadomasochists? I just felt we were being told that we were making fun of him and not really trying to help when really alot of members have tried and have been ignored.

I think you forget conversations you have had.:whistling:

and btw Scott,don't gamble.

I am up for some mud and martinis.:D

Back