• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The miracal worker!

lahondas

thats me the miracle worker and heres why.
:eek:
boy oh boy, i was just going for a walk, when i saw this jeep hit a squirel then DRIVE AWAY!!!!!!!
no stop no slowing just hit and run!

i was so fucking mad upset and sad. so i go over to it, lol im standing in the road slowly walking towards it, and i see it convulsing and i start to cry, i was so sad. i totaly thought it was dying, it just layed there, and so i felt bad for it, and wanted to help it, it didnt move, so i picked it up and and sat on the side walk. i was looking at it crying and then i saw a couple come over, they were like oh whats goping on what do you have? so i told them what happend. they were pissed too.
i kept just holding it crying it looked like it was in like shock. they watched it with me. then i started tallking to it and i said please wake up, and cried for the poor thign to wake. a lil on it started to open its eyes, and made the most cutest sound, like it said huh?
and then it started to breathe quicker, but a litlle labored. it shook a lil like twitching, but it seemed like it was trying to get some feeling back into itself. i put it down on my lap, and it was weak looking but it finaly got strength after about 5 minutes, then it hopped off me and slowly limp walked, i could tell it was doing better. i was so happy. i helped it and put it in a tree close by, it seemed happy to be in a tree again, cause it quickly climbed it. the couple was in disbelief, they even said omg what a miracle your amazing. it was awesome! i have "the touch" i guess! i hope its ok, i think ill check it in a few hours to see if its out of that tree or not. if so, then that means its ok. if not, then it might just die. oh well, i did what i could. its in gods hands now. i just am excited from my experience. i will ay this though, when that jeep hit it, it was the most funniest saddest awfullest sound i think ill ever hear in my life. and they way it bounced of the front end of that jeep on to the side road was so, well i have no word for that. the hting is i wouldve bet a alot of money it was dead on contact. but i was wrong, im astonished. now that i think about, maybe animals who are hit by cars live a while till they are better or till they injury sets in then they die. i dont know. but i thought id share it with you all.

I wonder, who would have done what i did? Was it stupid? Have you experienced anything like this? :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but if I hit a squirrel on the road, I might feel bad, but I'd keep on driving. Actually, I did hit one once, and saw it tumbling along the road in my rear-view mirror. I felt like crap, but there was no way I was going to stop and fish it out of the middle of the road (mostly because it was a busy street).

One time, I nearly wrecked my brother's car trying not to hit a snake that was scurrying across the street. I do have a bit of a soft spot for animals.

Another time, I was on my way in to town in the morning when traffic was really heavy. I saw this shaggy dog hunkered down between two of the lanes of traffic and I thought, "That dog's not going to make it out of there alive." I looked in my rear-view mirror just in time to see someone a few cars back, change lanes and send the poor dog spinning down the road. That bothered me for a while.

One year, my family was driving across Michigan late at night. We must have hit at least a dozen raccoons (or possibly opossums - it's been years since then).

Anyway, that's the end of my roadkill stories for today.

I once hit a falcon, who was eating a mouse in the middle of the road. I slowed down and expected him to fly away but he didn't and I hit him slightly. I saw him flying off in the mirror. I had to think about him for some days.
I also killed a lot of frogs and toads because they were all sitting on the road after it rained the first time for a month. That was awful because I tried to avoid the little critters but every once in a while I smashed one. Some of them were already run over and I saw several legs sticking out of smashed bodies. :eek:

I'm afraid to hit some rabbit and not kill it properly. When it is lying on the street and screaming like hell (did you ever hear a rabbit scream? that's terrible) I think I wouldn't have the balls to back the car and finish it off.
I'm not sure if it makes sense to save wounded animals (I mean with severe wounds) 'cause most of the time there is no chance of bringing them back into the wild. Furthermore they are likely to die because of an immense stress reaction to humans.

I ran over a squirrel once. I was driving with my husband down a familiar road, and looked away for a few seconds to observe some changes on a large house that was being renovated. When I looked back to the road I saw the squirrel darting past my path and I swerved but it was too late. Although I managed to miss him with the drivers side wheels, he kept running and wound up going under the passenger side. I am not a particularly sentimental, kind or warm person usually, but this KILLED me. The thought that my negligence had snuffed out the life of an innocent creature was devastating- the guilt was terrible. I had to keep driving because we had an appointment we were trying to make and there is really no place to pull over where it happened. But after the appointment I went home and got a shoebox and went back to fetch him off the road. I couldn't leave him there. I pulled over and put my hazards on, and cars had to go around me and someone honked but I didn't care. I took him back to my dads and buried him in the backyard. The ground was so hard I blistered my hands, but I dug as far as I could and as deep as would keep the animals from getting to him. It was the least I could do.

If I had done anything, I probably would have scraped the carcass off of the road and lobbed it into a field as food for the local birds of prey. Though perhaps the only ones who would have partaken of the feast would have been the crows and other consumers of carrion.

I should carry a small shovel in my vehicle.

well first of all this squirrel was not smashed up it was fine and in whole. there was no way to "scrap" him off cause he was not yet road kill. second i was not driving, i didnt hit him someone else did, i just saw it happen. now i have never hit an animal while driving, but hey it may happen one day. and when it does ill brake, cause i always had a special place in my heart for animals.

It's not always possible to brake when you hit something, and certainly not possible to go back and stop. I have hit a few things (the biggest being a duck which flew straight down in front of the car :( as I was on a dual carriageway at the time there is no way I could have stopped) - I've also hit a rabbit at some point but again it wasn't feasible to stop.

I know what you mean Gizmo, the screaming is awful - I know when our dog caught one and I told her to drop it, she did, but it was still alive and screaming - thankfully it died a few seconds later - I would hate to have to put it out of its misery myself :(

i hit a cat once, i was driving a packed car with some heavy stuff in the trunk, and my tires were a little old, (should i mention im a little cold blooded in this kind of situation, so i really thought on all this factors, the few times i have been close to have an accident i got nervious about 10 or 15 minutes after) so i simply couldnt risk to try to dodge the cat, and suffer an accident with all this people on the car, i think i hit it on the head, my right light was completely smashed

yes i knew a man who hit a cow, the damage was bad, the mans truck was so smashed in the front he was almost unable to get out of his own truck. (i think, not sure exactly), that he hurt his leg or legs, broke em or something.

I try to avoid hitting animals as much as possible. Once I was driving down a highway and there were several birds picking at something in the middle of the road and most of them flew away. Apparently one didn't quite make it because several weeks later, my husband dislodged the smelly remains from under the bumper while washing the car. :rolleyes:
Another time, I was driving along, with swamp on one side of the road and saw a large turtle crossing the road . The thing that upset me then was the fellow in the vehicle ahead of me swerved to hit it!!! If I wasn't a little pregnant lady with a young child with me, I would have followed him to wherever he was going and given him a piece of my mind. Not being able to avoid it is one thing, but trying to hit something is just mean. :mad:

lahondas said:
damn, how big was this cat?

cant be sure, was going to fast to have and acurate idea, my guess its that not that big but probably tried to jump in the last moment

Back