• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Most Important Book Ever Written?

Is 'Who Owns the World' by Kevin Cahill the most important book ever written? It reveals the real landowners for every country on earth. According to Cahill, the Queen of England is the landowner with the most land: she legally owns all of Canada, New Zealand and Australia. It's all to do with feudal laws, apparently.

You can't OWN land in Canada, you have NO formal rights. And if the US wanted to buy Canada, they would have to go to Elizabeth II and not the Canadian or British governments.

You HAVE TO get this book. It's sickening.

You mean the US can't just buy neighbouring countries just like that if they want to? Sickening, indeed.
Tsk, tsk. :D

The truly sickening thing is that if a landowner happens to possess land in the way of a new super highway, or pipe laying event, they have no choice in the matter. They must either give right-of-way, or sell the government their land, or it's outright confiscated. Doesn't matter if the family has lived and/or farmed there for generations.
The public good and all that. Granted sometimes it is necessary, but there are far too many occasions when greed is the only motivating factor.

I wasn't singling out the U.S. - it was more of a general statement. Besides, we all know that we bought every square inch of this country from the original inhabitants fair and square.

You mean the US can't just buy neighbouring countries just like that if they want to? Sickening, indeed.

Why buy when you can just take?

I wasn't singling out the U.S. - it was more of a general statement. Besides, we all know that we bought every square inch of this country from the original inhabitants fair and square.

Ahh, sorry, I must have misunderstood the thrust of your last comment sparkchaser.

I believe you were speaking of the last century and this? Maybe I misunderstood that as well. :)

Is 'Who Owns the World' by Kevin Cahill the most important book ever written? It reveals the real landowners for every country on earth. According to Cahill, the Queen of England is the landowner with the most land: she legally owns all of Canada, New Zealand and Australia. It's all to do with feudal laws, apparently.

You can't OWN land in Canada, you have NO formal rights. And if the US wanted to buy Canada, they would have to go to Elizabeth II and not the Canadian or British governments.

I want proof.And by proof I mean the deed of sale.

There's an article about it on the American Chronicle website. Its at americanchronicle.com/articles/view/98976 in case anybodys interested.

But I dont believe it. And I cant believe the English queen owns whole countries. No wonder Australians are thinking about becoming a republic!:confused:

There's an article about it on the American Chronicle website. Its at americanchronicle.com/articles/view/98976 in case anybodys interested.

But I dont believe it. And I cant believe the English queen owns whole countries. No wonder Australians are thinking about becoming a republic!:confused:

Arr, I've read that there article too. Makes ya proud to be an englishman, arrr! . . . although I be not English, so that don't work (curses, and I so wanted to be witty). Piracy on the high seas and on land! Where there be Englishmen, there be occupation at the business end of a musket, arrrrrrrr!

According to Cahill, the Queen of England is the landowner with the most land: she legally owns all of Canada, New Zealand and Australia. It's all to do with feudal laws, apparently.

Are you telling me the leaders of these sovereign nations can't tell her to go **** herself? If they decide to sell land, for instance, what could she possibly do? Invade them? Sue them? What international court house could bring a country to court? Who could enforce a sentence on them? This sounds so ridiculous.

What a fucked up world we live in!

Anyway, that doesn't make it the most important book ever written. Galilelo, Copernicus, Newton, Darwin or Einstein probably wrote it.

Isn't that what happened with Louisiana Purchase? Bought Indian land by paying Napoleon.

Are you telling me the leaders of these sovereign nations can't tell her to go **** herself? If they decide to sell land, for instance, what could she possibly do? Invade them? Sue them? What international court house could bring a country to court? Who could enforce a sentence on them? This sounds so ridiculous.

What a fucked up world we live in!

Anyway, that doesn't make it the most important book ever written. Galilelo, Copernicus, Newton, Darwin or Einstein probably wrote it.

When I say (or, if you prefer, write) 'the most important book ever written', I mean by way of how it affects us today. Galileo's work, and that of Copernicus, et al., are important, but less so for how it affects us today.

Of course, if I very serious, I could point to The Bible, The Koran, etc., as they also affect us, perhaps even more so.

It seems to me that a book about "who owns the USA these days" would be appropriate. I find that sickening.

And BTW: Hi, Beer Good! :)

Back