• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The music thread

Fav. albums
Nightmare Anatomy-Aiden
Once-Nightwish
The Young and the Hopeless-Good Charlotte

Fav. bands
Aiden
Nightwish
HIM
Panic! At the Disco
Good Charlotte

Fav. songs
The Last Sunrise-Aiden
Die Romantic-Aiden
I Write Sins not Tragedies-Panic! At the Disco
Nemo-Nightwish
Wish I had an Angel-Nightwish
Vampire Heart-HIM

Fav. Lyrics
"Hold me, like you held onto life
When all fears came alive and into me.
Love me, like you love the sun
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." Vampire Heart-HIM

"Sunrise, sunset will you wash away the rain?
Sunrise, sunset can you wash away the pain?
This nightmare won't last long.
Are you scared, so sing this song.
I'm right there by your side.
Tonight we've got a chance!" The Last Sunrise-Aiden

Fav album?
Definetly Maybe.
Fav band(s)?
Oasis
Smiths
Jane's Addiction
Fav song(s)?
Morning Glory
Jane Says
Fav lyrics(s)?
How Soon Is Now?
Album(s) that mean something to you?
Loads really, they define moments of my life for me, The Queen Is Dead, right now.
Current album you’re in love with?
Generation Terrorist

Fav album/s -diorama (silverchair), live from mars (ben harper), about a boy (badly drawn boy), two shoes (the cat empire)...and that's all i can be bothered checking itunes for

Fav band/s - Dashboard Confessional, The Cat Empire, The Beautiful Girls, Coldplay

Fav song/s - "The Chariot" - TCE, "11am" - incubus, "monster mash", "special k" - placebo, "old fashioned morphine" - jolie holland

Fav lyrics - " so kiss me hard, 'cause this will be the last time that i let you"
and
"cigarettes and chocolate milk, these are just a couple of my cravings, everything it seems i like's a little bit stronger, a little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me"

Album(s) that mean something to you - "self-titled" (or"bleed american") - Jimmy Eat World. My boyfriend in year eleven an twelve played it constantly.

Current album you’re in love with - details - frou frou

Much like Kenny Shovel i find this an almost impossible question to answer as my favourites change all the time. So instead of calling them my favourites i'll just mention some of the bands and albums that has made the biggest impressions on me over time.

Fav band(s)? Neil Young, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, Townes van Zandt, Dillard&Clarke, King Crimson, The Pixies, The Pogues, Nick Cave, Led Zeppelin, The Grateful Dead, Mountain, The incredible string band, Motopsycho, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, The flying Burrito brothers, Elvis Presley, The Band, PJ Harvey, Joy Division, portishead, Lee Hazlewood, Alexander spence, Sly and the family stone, Ramones and many more that i forgot to mention at the moment.

Fav song(s)? Again its impossible to choose one, and my favourites change a lot. But "Sad eyed lady of the lowlands" has been a favourite sunday morning song for a long time.

Fav lyrics(s)? Hard to choose but i'd probably end up with a Dylan or Townes van Zandt song.

Current album you’re in love with?
Currently i'm listening a lot to "Workingmans dead" and i have a wierd fetish for "Don't knock the Rok!" with Roky Erickson and the Aliens.

Fav album(s)? "Destiny" by: Jim Brickman or "Simple Things" by: Jim Brickman

Fav band(s)? Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, 3 Doors Down, Switchfoot

Fav song(s)? "Serenade" by: Jim Brickman or "Starbright" by: Jim Brickman

Fav lyrics(s)? "Starlight, Starbright, wishing on the first star of the night..." "Starbright" by: Jim Brickman

Album(s) that mean something to you? Any album by Jim Brickman.

Current album you’re in love with? "Destiny" by: Jim Brickman

The reason I love Jim Brickman so much is because that's all my family would listen to when I was younger. I fell in love with his music through that. That's also why I love Fleetwood Mac and the Eagels. :p Thank my parents for my musical taste.

EDIT://
I forgot to add Daniel Bedingfield in there too. He's my 2nd favorite. First comes Jim Brickman though. :) Also Anna Nalick is pretty good.

No life without music...

Fav album(s)?
Nevermind- Nirvana
Revolver- Beatles
Best of Friends- John Lee Hooker
Tres Hombres- ZZ Top

Fav band(s)?
Nirvana

Fav song(s)?
And Your Bird Can Sing- Beatles
Killing Me Softly- Fugees
In My Life- Beatles