• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Omen Machine - Publication Date Delayed

alexnl

For those of you following Terry Goodkind's books. "The Omen Machine" has been delayed again until August 16, 2011

This was a letdown. Most of the novel is comprised of lengthy discussions about magic and strategy. Those were present in his other books but those also had more adventure. Goodkind brings back many well-loved characters (Zedd, Nicci, Nathan, Cara) but tends to keep them in the background, only having them ask the protagonist what they should do or how a certain spell worked. Compared to his previous works, their personalities didn't feel as vibrant. At least the Objectivist rants are gone. And to be fair, the new villains were really creepy. Not a total disappointment, but I know he can do better.

A slog

I usually never put a book down that I have began to read, and read no more.

"The Omen Machine" by Terry Goodkind, will be an exception.

I found the work slow, boring and blurry.

Well it goes to show, that a New York Times, bestselling author, cannot please everyone, all of the time.

I had the same thing with several of James Patterson's books.

However, I did finish them.

Then, while in the hospital, I picked up a book that was left behind.

I became riveted, and almost unable to put it down.

The author-James Patterson.

Back