• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Hi everyone!

Darren kindly directed me to the Rules after he closed off the Sean Wright - Wonderful Author thread which I was so much enjoying! Fair enough!

Darren Lewis said:
Shade and seanwrightfan, play by the rules or you will be asked to leave.

But I was wondering which rules this thread broke? I like it here and want to make sure I don't break any rules in future!

Thanks!

I certainly couldn't see anything wrong with our posts, certainly not by the published rules anyway!

Does this mean that if two excited Dean Koontz fans yabbered on together for ages, their posts would be stopped too?

What if a young and unheard of John Grimsham (say) was being lauded on a message board - would that be banned too?

Is this not just another example of the discrimination faced by independant locally published authors?

Commercial advertising in posts is not allowed.
I think that that's what did it - the thread you specified (while funny) looked like one long advertisement.

Not allowed.

Besides that, Darren owns the place - what he decides, goes. That's the deal, here.

But welcome to the boards, it's always nice to have a new, enthusiastic member!

Cheers

Are yes, but in which plane of reality would those be regarded as advertisements for the work in question?

I sense a heavy hand at work!

Two new members, both very enthusiastic about a completely unknown author, start screaming left and right that this is the best thing ever?

You gotta admit, it's a bit suspicious.

Cheers

Shade said:
But I was wondering which rules this thread broke?

4.3 We do not allow posting of third party reviews. This particularly applies to authors wishing to post reviews of their works. Please ask the original reviewer to register and post their review.

Oh yeah, that too. ;)

And multiple accounts are also not allowed. Question is, what rules didn't you break?

Cheers

Irony Lost

Multiple accounts! *speechless - briefly*

An entirely unjustified accusation - and all the reviews posted are our own.

Martin said:
Two new members, both very enthusiastic about a completely unknown author, start screaming left and right that this is the best thing ever?

I think maybe you need to reread their posts.

I wonder if our new friend might be from palimpsest.

Palimpsest, n.

1. A manuscript, typically of papyrus or parchment, that has been written on more than once, with the earlier writing incompletely erased and often legible.

2. An object, place, or area that reflects its history: “Spaniards in the sixteenth century... saw an ocean moving south... through a palimpsest of bayous and distributary streams in forested paludal basins” (John McPhee).

3. Gore Vidal's 1995 memoir.

4. A home of informed debate on the web.​

Nope - I've no idea either!

I missed the other side of the debate in the Sean Wright forum. I thought I was reading an infomercial.

Read it again, and keep a healthy dose of sarcasm in the back of your mind - they hate the guy.

Thank you, Litany ;)

Cheers

Ah, well I guess when it started getting too nuts I skimmed over much of it. Think I'll pass on the re-read and take your (and Litany's) word for it ;)

I highly recommend it - it's quite funny and rather ingenious when you look at it from that POV. :) :rolleyes:

Cheers

Alright, I gave it another try and read the first few. Agree, pretty funny - and I'm surprised I missed the sarcasm. Tho, the first time I read it I did notice something didn't seem right when I read the line about Sean Wright's writing as cutting edge genderblah blah when he spelt a female character's name like male's.

But I guess the main thing that made me believe that it was an infomercial was that it wouldn't occur to me that someone would waste so much time on this guy if they don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back